cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

force 9 broadband plus

N/A

force 9 broadband plus

i have just signed up to force 9 broadband plus service and i was wondering how much i was alowed to use per month. i have looked all over the sight and have not found anything so far.

from my conection setting which showed my usage it says that i am still within the amount for my account but it is in about 3gb and some people are saying that you can only use 1gb per month. does this mean that force 9 broadband plus is essentaily unlimited with reasonable usage.

if some one could enlighten me that would be good thanks.
7 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

force 9 broadband plus

On Broadband Plus there is no usage limit, you can use as much as you want.

Applications that use the connection heavily are shaped to make sure that the use of the connection does not impact on other users.
N/A

Re: force 9 broadband plus

from my conection setting which showed my usage it says that i am still within the amount for my account but it is in about 3gb and some people are saying that you can only use 1gb per month. does this mean that force 9 broadband plus is essentaily unlimited with reasonable usage.

The 1gb problem probably stems from the view my usage page which can be a bit confusing. Before you have used over 1gb, the usage graph shows 0- 1gb. This is probably where the confusion comes in as it is not particularly clear that once the 1gb has been passed it will be changed to 2gb, 3gb, etc.

The only account at the moment with a 1gb limit on is the pay as you go broadband accounts, but even they aren't capped at that amount because you have the ability to purchase more "bandwidth" as you need it.

Regards

Mark
N/A

force 9 broadband plus

thansk for telling me. also do i get charged if i go over certain abount or is it just the fixed monthly rate of £14.99 a month.
N/A

force 9 broadband plus

just fixed at 14.99 no matter how much you use it - I've yet to find another ISP that can beat that price with a no limits service. (only limitation is speed restrictions on p2p and usenet, and possibly other large file downloading from things like ftp... as long as you're not heavily into that kind of stuff then you've chosen the right account with the right ISP!)
N/A

force 9 broadband plus

what limitations are there on psp programs and usernets. im not into those things but just wondering what the limitations are. i also do some online gaming is that going to be a problem and is that restricted?
Community Veteran

force 9 broadband plus

From what I understand the bandwidth is made available based on how heavy it is used, so on BB Plus things like games, web & ftp access are given priority on BB Plus, but things such as BitTorrent, kazaa, limewire, etc are restricted.
You shouldn't see any problem with your games.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
N/A

force 9 broadband plus

what limitations are there on psp programs and usernets. im not into those things but just wondering what the limitations are. i also do some online gaming is that going to be a problem and is that restricted?

the limitations are simply that they will work more slowly, but you won't be stopped from using them.

I don't fully understand how they accurately discriminate between the different services.... the port numbers are all they have to go on and people can easily change to non-standard ones, so they must be restricting all port numbers that aren't recognised services.

dsmirc says games should be fine.... I don't do games so I don't know how it works...