cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

final payment

N/A

final payment

Hi im leaving plusnet I gave notice and recieved my mac, my new isp starts on 17th, my payment is on the 18th, after I pay on the 18th oct, can I cancel my standing order? as I see it I gave one months notice a few days before my payment on the 18th so there is more than 30 days. ( I gave notice on the 6th recieved mac key 7th oct)
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

final payment

If you gave notice to leave on 6th Oct then the 30 days ends on the 5th Nov. So your payment on 18th will be taken under the T&C.

I did not think PN took standing orders, only Direct Debits?

Once you have migrated to your new ISP, you should 1) tell PN you have completed your migration and 2) request a repayment for any days paid for after 5th Nov to be refunded. This refund is usually sent via the method you pay the account with so you should not cancel your standing order (Or direct debit) until this repayment has been made.
N/A

final payment

normski,

Personally I would have thought you would be safe to cancel your standing order. The safest bet however would be to contact support/billing to make sure.
If you do cancel your stnading order, if there is anything left owing you will only receive a letter to the effect and be requested to settle the account.

Just my thoughts though.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

final payment

Hi there,

If you raise a ticket after you've migrated we can refund you for the service you've not used after the 30 day notice period.
N/A

final payment

yes sorry petervaughan t is direct debit I meant, reason I asked is i did not want them to take any other payments after the 18th, and struggle to receive a refund, as I had asked for the mac on the6th and I have a copy of email saying here is mac key valid till 6/11 etc dated 7th oct
thank you all for help and info
Metalguru
Grafter

final payment

I cancelled my D.D.

I sent them a cheque for one last payment ( under duress) cos they got a bit confused, and threatened me with their debt collecting agency.

They are now sending the same amount back to me.

If you don't ask ...................... you don't get.
N/A

final payment

BBrown if I leave on 17th how can I raise a ticket? can I access this site using my name etc?
Community Veteran

final payment

Ask for your account to be changed to a free dialup PAYGO account when your migration is complete - do this in a ticket. Then you can still raise a ticket on the account for the refund.
N/A

final payment

been away partners daughter losing leg through diabtics,
so you are saying I must pay again to raise a ticket to get my money? bit double dutch? can I not raise a ticket for a refund before I leave then say on sun 16th?
JonathanW
Grafter

final payment

Hi,

This does have to be done after your connection has been migrated to another isp, so we can confirm with BT that the migration has been completed.