cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fees when leaving

N/A

fees when leaving

just wondering if you took the free modem and activation offer if it costs you to leave once your year contract is up. i read it as it does but can not see how as the contract is up so i aint bound by the terms

i only ask because i am a fairly new user but the changes have been massive in only the four or five months i have been here. just to out line this i went mad on my first month and downed 200 gig no probs as the sup had not been changed yet now i am scared to download anything. i have not been limited yet because i now play by the rules which keeps me up all hours so i can get a speed worth using.

anyway back to the point when is it free to leave if its after the first year then fair enough and plus net have got six months to win me over dont really want to leave but the service from my point of veiw is like having a gray hound with no legs slow and pointless
8 REPLIES
N/A

fees when leaving

Hi and welcome to the forums.

If you joined under the "you stay we pay" scheme, then yes, you are liable for deferred charges, reducing on a sliding scale for 5 years.

Want the detail? ‘You stay we pay’ explained.
For every year you stay with PlusNet we’ll guarantee that the cancellation cost decreases. What does this mean? If you cancel within the first year, then you will pay £47 for the activation. For every year you stay we’ll reduce this by £9.40. If you also choose to take a modem as part of the offer there will be an additional cancellation fee of £25 in the first year and this will reduce by £5 for each year that you stay.

Taken from the product pages.

Hope that helps.
N/A

fees when leaving

thanx for the welcome m8.

wish i could say nice to bee here but i dont like having to mone but after a quick read here it looks like i aint the only one. thanx for pointing out the 5 year thing does this mean i am paying no matter when i leave even after 5 years lol because i dont see 0 on there sliding scale. i would rather send em it back dont use there stuff anymore anyway gone wireless now.

oh joy of joys gonna give em a few weeks to sort it out then if not i will stump up my 80 quid and bail cuz this is crap
N/A

fees when leaving

Your not the only one m8, I'm in same boat..
N/A

fees when leaving

its the peak time thing thats getting on my nads dont mind the 100 gig limit i can live with it but i gotta say before i moved and i had cable (not availble at my new address) it pointed and laught at this no limits 240k/sec no matter what i was doing. anyway if there is a 100 gig limit why kill me when i am accually awake to use it 4 till 12 are my peak hours as well or do plus net think that people who do more than check there email a surf 3 sites a day only come out after 12 at night.
N/A

fees when leaving

If they've changed the terms you signed up under (eg the SUP), then they can't hold you to the startup costs if you leave.
N/A

fees when leaving

well there was not a 100 gig limit i was aware of hence no email even tho i did a 200 gig month and there was no throttling between 4 and 12 i would have never got to 200 gig lmfao found out about them later after reading some of the posts in here.

just like to point out that i dont have a problem with 100 gig limit just the speed limited been set at certain times its bone
N/A

fees when leaving

I think I might be moving to f2s soon - no problems at all with web browsing with plusnet, but xbox live, p2p and torrents are becoming unusable.
N/A

fees when leaving

They do seem to have us by the short and curlies :roll: