Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fax2email: disaster waiting to happen!

godricbj
Grafter

new terms of use from aug 4th

this new policy renders the service almost unusable for home use... the only way that one could publish a fax number now is to remember to send an email every 3 months to oneself to ensure the number is not lost.

can you run a reminder service?

you will find that you are advertising a component of your service package with such harsh terms of use that it will generate bad feeling.

people will be sending faxes to old users, or will just think the system does not work.

in effect every time you need to recieve a fax you need to change or grab a new fax2email number to make it work... if this is how you want it to work.... fine... sounds like chaos to me.

please reconsider

godricbj
18 REPLIES
N/A

It is the fact they havn't implimented this change, that caused the service to go down in the first place.

Such action is bound to bring such fealing, but you may find that many providers offering such a service do the same.

Many don't enforce this, but have the conditions in place to do so.

As you can see, there are two sides of the argument.

1: Yourself, wanting unrestricted access to a service that has nothign but restirctions. As +Net have noted, there are only so many numbers in the UK available, after which point, it become tough luck.

2: The people that have been waiting to use the service. While they may like yourself, only receive a fax every X days, they have been left without fo months on end now. To unrestrict the service would only delay having to shut it off again for lack of numbers.

+Net can't offer a service to customers that they can't promise.
N/A

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. We have tried to be as fair as we possibly can be in the changes we have made to the service. The costs involved and other factors have changed somewhat since the service was first launched and the changes to the AUP are necessary to sustain the service for those that would genuinely like to use it. Personally I feel that 3 months is a sufficient period to determine whether a fax number is genuinely required (effectively you need to be receiving 4 faxes per year to retain the fax number) and we need a viable way to be able to continue to offer the service. For those that wish to retain the same number on a permanent basis but you feel you may not use it more than once every 3 months you can upgrade to a business account which will not be affected by the changes to the AUP.
Community Veteran

Re: fax2email: disaster waiting to happen!

There is one already available under the "Organiser" on the left.
You can set this to email you with reminders for anything. I use it all the time for Birthdays etc.
N/A

How do i get a fax 2 email number?

Where? and When?
Ianwild
Grafter

Here from Thursday - Provided you have an account that includes it?

Regards,
N/A

Here from Thursday - Provided you have an account that includes it?

Regards,
ADSL £21.99 per month?
Ianwild
Grafter

Yep - That one counts. You get all these things too!

Regards,
Community Veteran

ADSL £21.99 per month?

That will do nicely Sir Wink
N/A

(effectively you need to be receiving 4 faxes per year to retain the fax number) .

Are you a politician? It seems to me that your need to receive at least 1 fax every three months to retain the service, which is a very different thing from 4 a year if they all come in say, 1 month
N/A

I think a fax every 3 months is very fair.
Community Veteran

I agree, I also think it is fair.

I have two fax numbers (on 2 paid accounts) and never use either of these so I'm not bothered if PlusNet take them away.

Out of interest I can't remember how long it takes to setup fax2email again (assuming it is working at the time) should I need a fax number in a hurry.

Chris
Community Veteran

Last time I set one up Chris it was active in 24hrs But Plus did say it should be sooner than that.
N/A

ADSL £21.99 per month?

That will do nicely Sir Wink

Heh this is fun says first time user today!

A beef. I've got an ADSL account. I had to retain an unused lite user account only bacause my fax number came with it. 8 months of lite user payment at £8 whatever. Any chance of a refund? Of course not! The fax facility is a 'free' add-on says Plusnet. Come on!!
N/A

Re: fax2email: disaster waiting to happen!

new terms of use from aug 4th

this new policy renders the service almost unusable for home use... the only way that one could publish a fax number now is to remember to send an email every 3 months to oneself to ensure the number is not lost.

you will find that you are advertising a component of your service package with such harsh terms of use that it will generate bad feeling.

people will be sending faxes to old users, or will just think the system does not work.

in effect every time you need to recieve a fax you need to change or grab a new fax2email number to make it work... if this is how you want it to work.... fine... sounds like chaos to me.

please reconsider

godricbj
:lol:

Hi Godric

it must be you - I recognised the style - how 'ya bin? Mike @ windy towers