cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

f9 nominated for "best of the .net" award

LiamM
Grafter

But it uses exactly the same platform, same ellacoyas, same gateways, same central pipes (I think) etc.... Am I right? If not, then I might consider migrating to f9 hehe...
23 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

See here - http://www.thebestofthenet.net/2005_dn/categorie.php?id=10

Strange that it's f9 that get nominated and not Plusnet, since Plusnet have lots more users and a much more active community.

Hmm.... I wonder why that is? The service is identical.
N/A

Strange that it's f9 that get nominated

I have always used the ADSL Guide site to see who is the best ISP that why I migrated from Pipex to Plusnet both we almost identical in reliability,speed (like for like) and customer service, but Plus net were £2 per month cheaper for 2mb instead of Pipex 1mb connection.

So far I have seen a lot of customer posting complaints but all I can say is that since joining I have not had any connection problems other than those which Plusnet report, my average useage is about 35gb per month. I do use P2P download sites but the speeds are reduced because I always use a firewall and do not forward any ports, so I expect some downloads to be slow.

So all I can say is if Plusnet has more customers than f9 why worry?? and as for some of the other Isp's listed they would be in the running for the worst Isp awards.

:lol:
LiamM
Grafter

I should add that Plusnet, F9 (Force9) and Free-Online are all Plusnet plc brands and are all virtually identical.

http://www.plus.net
http://www.f9.net.uk
http://www.free-online.net

The products are identical, the support is identical... they are all Plusnet - but just with a different name and colour scheme.

Which is why my question is why is it that f9 are nominated, and not Plusnet. Given they are the same company, identical services etc.... but Plusnet has the biggest (by far) share of customer numbers.
N/A

I was un-aware of who is in the group, perhaps this is a question for the groups marketing Manager??

I assume they wish to boost f9 market share, it's no different to Esso and Mobil petrol they are all owned by Exxon and promoted seperately.

cheers :roll:
N/A

Maybe its fixed boooo hoo hoo hoo creepy!!! who cares anyway Tongue
LiamM
Grafter

I assume they wish to boost f9 market share, it's no different to Esso and Mobil petrol they are all owned by Exxon and promoted seperately.

The nominations come from the public. And unlike the Esso / Mobil analogy - all three brands are exactly the same. Just look at the websites. Identical in every way apart from colour scheme and name.
N/A

Just look at the websites. Identical in every way apart from colour scheme

yeh and i rekon we've got the best.............nice shade of purple Wink

or maybe it was the red of f9 that swung it for them :lol:
kitz
Rising Star

Re: f9 nominated for "best of the .net" award

Strange that it's f9 that get nominated and not Plusnet, since Plusnet have lots more users and a much more active community.
Hmm.... I wonder why that is? The service is identical.

lol weird eh?
Mind you have you seen who else has been nominated?

tsk tsk Smiley
kitz
Rising Star

>>> Just look at the websites. Identical in every way apart from colour scheme

Talking of identical websites Ive just noticed that V21 was also nominated.

lmao here.. now wasnt it V21 that ripped off Plusnets website and signup pages?
They even left the original PN comments in the source code.

rofl. Cheesy
Neil_A
Grafter

I was un-aware of who is in the group, perhaps this is a question for the groups marketing Manager?Huh

Well we just found out about the nomination by reading this thread :-)
LiamM
Grafter

Sounds good... but you must understand where I'm coming from here? Strange one...

Maybe because they don't have such a large community forums, their customers are not as aware about the SUP, traffic management etc... and so a higher percentage are happy...
N/A

lmao here.. now wasnt it V21 that ripped off Plusnets website and signup pages?
They even left the original PN comments in the source code.

rofl. Cheesy

V21 Process for ordering looks the very same to plusnet plc websiites. Maybe plusnet sold them the web code!

I voted for f9 - i think the service which i get is great for the money i pay, i' had no major problems with f9 since the first day i got dial up - back in 1999!!
N/A

Statistically speaking there would be no reason why one ISP would get all the dissatisfied customers whilst another identical ISP would get all the satisfied customers. Given the sample size of each ISP, it just isn't probable. Therefore I can only imagine that the service is just that much better at F9 whatever anyone says.

I'm sure if I had the data, I could do a non-parametric test to give a level of confidence Cheesy
N/A

I believe they do have different contact numbers, and I'm sure I don't need to tell you how simple it would be to prioritise them calls Smiley