cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

:evel 1 Restriction - For downloading 6GB a month!

N/A

Ive just came off the phone from a bloke where i said the problem. Ive downloaded 6GB so far this month, and about 10GB last month, which was confirmed by a plusnet customer service person, but ive been placed on level 1 restrictions according to a recent email. The guy told me to ignore the message and to carry on as normal, but ever since the email, my downloads are restricted at 60kbs. Im almost 100% sure this is not a coincidence, and you are capping my limits partly as ive always had top speed since plusnet were installed, and partly because as soon as i reach 60kbs, its always throttles back to 59kbs.

Pease, can anyone here do anything? I dont particularly want to wait in a line again as its pretty busy.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) All caps removed from the title and made lower case in line with the Link:rules
22 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

You might want to take a look at the following post Stew made earlier this evening which should explain things for you.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37901
N/A

Noticed it just after i posted this and just came off the phone to CS. What can i say, ITS B*****. We were not informed of this. I know you can change your T&Cs when you want, but if you dont tell us then we can adapt, and i CANNOT adapt to 5GB a month.

You have now joined my list with Tiscali, as utter RUBBISH!

For a company saying they just got ISP of the year 2005 or whatever on their homepage. I am not impressed.

So thats a £60 cancellation fee and a £20 modem fee, because you screwed us. Thanks.
ceridwen
Grafter

The page does say the following:

Other options for customers

* Find an alternative provider who can offer a more suitable product. In this case we will waive any outstanding contractual terms and do our best to assist with a smooth transfer to the new provider

Matthew
N/A

So does that mean that if we wish we can move to another ISP without having to pay the cancellation fee and the remainder of the annual contract charges?

Can someone from CS please clarify this.
N/A

I've asked this in another thread and await a response
Surely everyone SHOULD be offered the opportunity to leave when terms like this are imposed WITHOUT prior notice.
But, should we be surprised?? It's quite obvious that PN regard their customers with complete contempt
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

That's what it says on the tin if you read it properly!

So does that mean that if we wish we can move to another ISP without having to pay the cancellation fee and the remainder of the annual contract charges?

Can someone from CS please clarify this.
N/A

On what tin where??
So is glloyd saying that we CAN move without penalty because of these changes?
JonathanW
Grafter

This means that we'll waive the annual contract, but any deferred fees will have to be payed in full.
N/A

LMAO, thats not what it sounds like there. You really are greasy little coyboys when it comes to putting customers in corners.

You can upgrade to premier, but after this do you really expect customers to trust you further than they can throw you.

So how far do you have to go before your kicked off the contract? Or will you happily let your customers who are meant to be on 2mb sat at dial up speeds all year?
JonathanW
Grafter

We're not kicking anyone off their contracts. We've said that anyone who is being managed as part of this is free to leave and we'll waive their annual contract. If people are happy to live with their connections running at those speeds, for specific protocols, then they are welcome to do so. However, keep in mind that the only management that is applied for an unspecified ammount of time is 24/7 management under the SUP, and even then it has to be their second time on that particular management level.
N/A

redesdale.

Comments such as those included in the first line of your last post are unnecessary and help no-one.

Whilst I am aware of your level of dissatisfaction currently, the options and mechanisms of the way forward have been explained. If you need further clarification then please do so in a constructive and reasoned manner.
N/A

This means that we'll waive the annual contract, but any deferred fees will have to be payed in full.

I raised a ticket to clarify this and YES!!!!!! PN have said that I can leave without penalty.
No deferred fees either as originally I migrated to PN

Considering it's Friday the 13th, I'm one happy bunny Cheesy
N/A

Also can I just point out that as I have stated elsehwere and sorry that I did not make it clear enough here but the sliding scale of management starts at around 512kbps (which is 60KB) and certainly not the speeds you are reporting so please can you provide me with some more details and I will get this looked into.
N/A

I raised a ticket to clarify this and YES!!!!!! PN have said that I can leave without penalty.
No deferred fees either as originally I migrated to PN

Can someone from Plusnet confirm this please? Deferred MIGRATION fees are waived?