cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

escaping plusnet..is it possible?

N/A

My father had an ipstream adsl with plusnet.....like many poor soles he was moved to llu with no notice before or after the event....having suffered like others the oh so poor and getting worse service and support he wanted to escape and tried to get an llu mac key. He was told different answers as to whether this would be possible ending with being told it was NOT possible. So he had no choice but to cancel the account and wait for plunet to drop the line. About 7-10 days this should be. He was told the account would be closed on the 14th of October. His line was actually cut on the 13th. Tiscali still have their tag on the line and if you ask them to drop it they say its up to plusnet to tell them because plusnet hold the account. Bt says it takes 7-10 days to get the line back to them AFTER NOTIFICATION that the tag should be dropped. Today BT, 7 days later, say they have had NO notification. If you try to phone plusnet you cant get through. And they cant raise a ticket because their account has been shut. What are they supposed to do? For any plusnet staff their account was EUROLINGUA!
8 REPLIES
N/A

you are lucky, at least the line was cancelled, they have yet to cancel my line! i have been waiting for 2 weeks now, tried ringing them, went through all different options and at the end phone allways get cut off! Cant even talk to a person to try and sort this out, no one responds to the damm question raised!
N/A

well if you call lucky as not being able to get broadband with any other isp then yeah...my dad is very lucky.
N/A

If you were upgraded to LLU and had no notice before or after the event (and can prove this), you can request a transfer back BT without charge, and it normally takes about a month to action. Downtime is about 2 hours. Once transferred you can either stay or MAC to another ISP a lot easier.

If you did get notice (or can't prove you didn't) then you can transfer back to BT for just £47 with the same 2 hour downtime and then MAC out to another ISP. This is slightly more expensive (£62) than the last option: Complete cancel and reprovide (£47, depending on ISP).

The best thing you can do is raise a ticket stating that the tag is still on the line but the line has been cancelled, and requesting the tag to be removed.
N/A

How can you prove that you didnt get notification ?
N/A

I'm sure he can by sending forwarding an email he didn't get to them Wink
N/A

If you were upgraded to LLU and had no notice before or after the event (and can prove this)...

If you did get notice (or can't prove you didn't)...

How do you prove a negative...impossible surely?
Community Veteran

How can you prove that you didnt get notification ?

Any emails sent to you from Plusnet are logged and visible to you by going to the Help and Support section of the portal (tickets).

There you can select to read all past messages and see if anything is there advising you.
If not then thats the proof.
N/A

no notice was given. Futher plusnet told him the ONLY way to leave was to leave was to cancel the contract. Migrating back to bt was not given as option. Futher to the last further they have closed his account meaning he cannot view past emails or raise a new ticket. Noticeable too that no plusnet staff have not replied to this thread. So there you have it. Plusnet tell him he can only leave by cancelling his contract. When he does that he finds plusnet wont give notice to bt to remove the tag. The tag is actually held by tiscali who wont remove the tag unless plusnet tell them too. Plusnet are impossible to reach by phone and cant be reached by ticket. Little wonder plusnet have become the most talked about isp for the worst of reasons. By the way i too requested cancelation and gave the required 30 days notice. Only to be told i would be cancelled in 44 days. meaning they get 14 days extra subscription.