cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

errrr.excuse me? this is crazy

N/A

Is this true?

I think I'm a little behind on the latest news...I didnt know anything about this.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

It is true and there have been many (and continue to be many) service status updates on the issue.
holdtight
Grafter

Its CGI revisited :roll:
Community Veteran

And did the service status ever make it to RED or were we awaiting some form of nuclear attack before allowing pottential customers to see anything coloured red on a service status page?
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

I think it was red while people couldn't access their email initially wasn't it?

Phil
Community Veteran

Nope.

Because it was "intermittent" apparently. So the service status page only got to amber.

Sounds like someones bonus is riding on the number of "red" instances, so they managed to find some sort of way to keep it amber.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

It wasn't red following the inital access problems - but I noticed it was for a while after the data loss.
Community Veteran

Crikey! Im amazed. Mind you, I would expect any ISP losing that volume of emails to flag something as red, but I was under the impression that it would have been kept off the front screens (that pottential new customers can see) at all costs.

Perhaps things are on the mend?
James
Grafter

It was red. I can't remember how long for - I was on 'holiday' at the time.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I seem to remember a couple of days. I guess you timed your hoilday well, must have got a bit hairy in the office Cheesy
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Status started out at amber and was changed to red on the Sunday and stayed red until last Thursday when the vast majority of mailboxes were fixed. It will stay at amber until the data recovery process is complete.