cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 678

boone70
Grafter

error 678

Has anyone any idea what was happening to my connection on Saturday. I have two computers working from a wireless router. The main one is connected to router by cable, the other wireless. The wireless connection to router is showing excellent. I could send and receive mail (outlook express) But could not connect to PN. When checking the connection to PN it showed "disconnected" and would not re connect. I then get the message "WAN miniport PPPOE error 678 The remote computer did not respond" I tried "reset log txt" without success. Got fed up and went to bed. Switched on this morning and everything was back to normalHuhHuhHuh?? :?
By the way the cable connected computer was acting strangly but i was able to connect OK
4 REPLIES
N/A

error 678

error 678 normally means your modem can make a connection to the exchange (ie, it can sync) but it can't get anywhere else (talk to plusnet).

It seems normal for that to happen at the moment. Some people say it works after 5 - 6 attempts, others say it takes a couple of hours.
N/A

error 678

Error 678:

Restart your computer and wait until all applications have completely loaded before trying to reconnect.

Click on the Start Menu and then select Run. In the box which appears type the word command in order to open the command prompt and then click OK. In the black command prompt window, type netsh interface ip reset log.txt and click on Enter on your keyboard. Then type exit into the command prompt and then click on Enter on your keyboard. Now restart your computer and reconnect to the Internet.
Community Veteran

Re: error 678

"WAN miniport PPPOE error 678

why is your modem trying to use PPPoE? It should be using PPPoAHuh?Huh
boone70
Grafter

error 678

Thanks for your intrest folk. I tried the reset log bit without success and I have no idea about the PPPoE bit. All I know is it was all back to normal the next morning. If it happens again I will just wait for it to get better like the cold I am just getting over.