18 REPLIES
fraval
Grafter

erk, time to jump ???/

If they Keep The Price The Same I Dont See The Problem
Ianwild
Grafter

erk, time to jump ???/

I think you should judge us on who we are - Not who BT are...

The most important thing about the offer, and what has been communicated most prominently, is that if the deal goes through BT would want us to maintain our own business model and brands - This is not a consolidation exercise from BT, but part of a wider strategy for them that sees them look to get into areas their traditional products can't reach.

PlusNet's successes have been based on following our model - Our failures have occurred where we didn't do so. Provided we deliver on our promises to customers (which we readily acknowledge we need to focus on right now), and keep doing so, I see no reason why anyone should be concerned. We've been owned by 2 entities thus far, and the culture of the business and work we do has remained on the same course - I don't see why that would change (And I think the deal potentially offers us some new opportunities which will benefit customers in a big way!).

Regards,

Ian
N/A

erk, time to jump ???/

what im worried about is being migrated to ipsmax, I really dont want to go there.
Ianwild
Grafter

erk, time to jump ???/

By that I presume you mean the BT IPStream Max Upto 8Mb product?

You really have no worries there, provided you have opted out - http://max.plus.net

The fault rate and difficulties people had initially when being moved to max have much subsided now, but there is no benefit for anyone to be on Max if they don't want to be, and there is no sense in forcing such things on people.

Ian
N/A

erk, time to jump ???/

That was a brave statement given recent circumstances and levels of service :lol:
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 3

erk, time to jump ???/

That was a brave statement given recent circumstances and levels of service :lol:

yes Smiley

Ok, judge us on who we want to be and where we get over the next few months! Cool
N/A

erk, time to jump ???/

actually Kelly I'm just judging on the level of service I have experienced since I joined plusnet, which is still ongoing :!:

*edited out sarcy comment*
:lol:

and to be honest 'what im getting' faaaar outways 'what I'm going to get'
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

erk, time to jump ???/

As you are right to do.
N/A

erk, time to jump ???/

Let's all judge Plusnet on who they are----Er hello anybody there!!
N/A

erk, time to jump ???/

The most important thing about the offer, and what has been communicated most prominently, is that if the deal goes through BT would want us to maintain our own business model and brands

That's not what BT's announcement says. Their statement says:

"BT intends to keep the PlusNet Workplace platform
separate and has no immediate plans to integrate PlusNet into existing BT services......BT's immediate plans are to continue to operate PlusNet as a separate entity within the BT Group from its Sheffield offices."

Youu're kidding yourself if you think nothing's going to change.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

erk, time to jump ???/

Optimism is a great thing Smiley

No reason to go running for your mac code just yet though?
N/A

erk, time to jump ???/

would have it weeks ago but i have a £48 gun pointed at my head!!(good service wood be great!)
carrot63
Grafter

erk, time to jump ???/

Given that the PN/BT combo have been trying without success to de-LLU me for close to 2 months (although they did manage to cut off my phone), I am judging both on who you are, and finding the combination truly lamentable. In spite of all my efforts at optimism, I can feel a cancelation coming on shortly.
kreynolds
Grafter

erk, time to jump ???/

Optimism is a great thing Smiley

No reason to go running for your mac code just yet though?

Long term it is an almost certainty that +Net as a company will cease to exist and will be absorbed into the collective known as BT.

This is happening with Powergen. Powergen were taken over by E.On in 2001 and for 3 years continued under the Powergen brand. Last year this was dropped for business and became E.On. For retail it is now known as Powergen-A Company of E.On, and in approx 2 years time will have become E.On.