cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emule speed drop switching to PlusNet

N/A

emule speed drop switching to PlusNet

Hi, today I switched from Pipex to Plusnet. I noticed an upload speed drop from 30KBs to around 5-10 KBs immediately after entering my Plusnet logon details into my router.

I enabled the correct ports whilst on Pipex, and emule's port test showed it was fine. I haven't changed any emule settings or firewall/router settings, but now I notice the port test works 75% of the time, the other 25% it was TCP test failed.

Download speeds using Limewire seem to be fine, so I don't think this is a throlttling issue. I don't have the Plusnet Surf actived.

Could anyone tell me what the reason for this is please? I might switch back to Pipex even though I hate them (customer service very poor), I need emule to work for me!
3 REPLIES
N/A

emule speed drop switching to PlusNet

You need to give some details as to what PlusNet product you are on

Pipex and PlusNet do seem to be on a par with each other regarding speed and stability and contolling usage

I'm an ex Pipex user who left for PlusNet when both Pipex and PlusNets service were unlimited................
N/A

emule speed drop switching to PlusNet

I'm on 2MB premier, currently my line is limited to 1MB.
N/A

emule speed drop switching to PlusNet

Hi there,

There are a number of threads currently in existance discussing p2p, speeds and Plus net.

Please feel free to contribute to one of the existing threads.

The forums are becoming cluttered with the same or similar questions popping up.

As such, I am locking this one.