cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emule DEAD slow

N/A

emule DEAD slow

have raised the fact that my emule P2P is dead slow (uploads seem perfect - they're probably using a different ISP to download from me!) and i'm getting the usual responce from PNCS of "that's normal with the nature of P2P" and "it's a badly written protocol".
i did point out that i've been using PN and P2P together for years without any complaints or problems so i know they are to blame for badly configuring their traffic management warez.

come on PN. i don't bother you until i have a connection issue i can't solve and i pay you good money on time every time. why can't you give back. are you trying to get us P2P users off your internet?!

£21.99 for 1mb! i don't ring up all the time, i don't open questions all the time, i don't use the email and i don't use all the other services either. i'm low maintenance!

i loved PN and recommended it to a lot more people than i get referal discounts for. but i'll let that lie. i just want a good service. ie internet and reasonable P2P that's only fair since you set "fair usage" policies and seem to be setting things in your favour.

get rid of the bean counters and start siding again with your loyal customers.
really unhappy Sad
night.
24 REPLIES
N/A

emule DEAD slow

Take a look at this thread
"Any reason why Bittorrent should be at 0Kb this morning?"

There are quite a few that are having problems..I have ok dl but ul is almost zero
N/A

emule DEAD slow

still dead slow or just plain dead on downloading! how rubbish is that?!
N/A

emule DEAD slow

uploads working fine but downloads zero or close to if i'm "lucky". Sad
N/A

emule DEAD slow

still the same.
shit
N/A

emule DEAD slow

still not working!!
i will take PN to small claims court. regardless of one sided SLA's i still have my statutory rights for product expectation and quality. and when i'm paying more than peanuts i expect more than monkeys!
Craigiusmaximus
Grafter

emule DEAD slow

still not working!!
i will take PN to small claims court. regardless of one sided SLA's i still have my statutory rights for product expectation and quality. and when i'm paying more than peanuts i expect more than monkeys!
[/img]

Hi mate sorry to hear you are having problems have you tried a different program like frostwire or limewire?
James
Grafter

emule DEAD slow

Hi there,

This certainly shouldn't be happening.

I've raised a problem with our developers (Ref. 35063) for them to investigate. Once they have confirmed there is a problem, then we'll get a service status message out, which I imagine will be fairly shortly.
N/A

emule DEAD slow

Hi mate sorry to hear you are having problems have you tried a different program like frostwire or limewire?

Thanks craig but i like emule and have used it for years with PN quite happily. Also it's not the software or my config. As i said i can use the same config on the same pc using a dial up connection and i get a better dl speed from the same seeds etc. so the ball is well and firmly in PN's court.

It's also not the point really is it. I mean. There is nothing wrong with emule. Smiley
N/A

emule DEAD slow

Hi there,

This certainly shouldn't be happening.

I've raised a problem with our developers (Ref. 35063) for them to investigate. Once they have confirmed there is a problem, then we'll get a service status message out, which I imagine will be fairly shortly.

Thanks James. Look forward to the results Wink fingers crossed.
James
Grafter

emule DEAD slow

Thanks James. Look forward to the results Wink fingers crossed.
Hi again,

Not sure if you saw my response in the other thread? I said:

Hi Everyone,

I've raised this as a problem internally (ID: 35063). Our lead Ellacoya engineer has informed me that the network is extremely busy currently, possibly tied in with the end of the school holidays and the lousy weather, but it should be operating as planned. Having said that, he has also increased the amount of traffic assigned to P2P/Torrent protocols.

Hopefully you should start to see a diffference soon.
suec45
Grafter

emule DEAD slow

uploads working fine but downloads zero or close to if i'm "lucky". Sad

Exactly the same on Bitorrent (another P2P app) for me.

Uploads are as fast as I limit them, downloads will not go past 20k and often slower.
N/A

emule DEAD slow

well mine is absolute rubbish again...ul are snails pace,dl not too bad. torrent sites say im not connectable but im using same ports as yesterday that were working!!!!!.
N/A

emule DEAD slow

I too get extremely low downloads and I use Azureus
Mand
Grafter

emule DEAD slow

Hi guys,

I've passed this feedback back, and will let you know as soon as we have an update.