cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email

N/A

email

Hi,
is it possible to rename a mailbox , this is so that all the stored emails and address book details are not lost ?
Cheeers
Barryg
4 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

email

Hi,

This isn't something that's currently possible, as the only way to rename the mailbox is to delete it and then recreate it.

Depending on what you're trying to achieve you might wish to look at creating a redirect with the new name and then using the new email address when you send and when you give your address to people.
N/A

email

Jon, I tell you one thing I used to like about Pipex's system which was the alias idea. You have your 15 mailboxes which are based around a system generated root id (like fsak33, sgno02 etc), within those boxes, you can set up aliases for that address. So I could have si@whatever, si_work@whatever as my aliases for that root directory. When mail comes in for the aliases, it gets directed to the relevant mailbox.

No chance of a system like this is there? Would be great for postmaster mail outs since you set up Outlook with your root id rather than your alias id. It'd ensure that you don't miss a single thing. Also dead handy if you want a range of professional email addys, home addys, web addys etc....
JonathanW
Grafter

email

Something akin to that is possible using redirects to drop the email into one mailbox, whether that be your default mailbox or a secondary one that you've created.

You can then set your email software to send out through the redirect address, so that it appears to be a fully functional mailbox, rather than just a reicrect.

The system isn't as easy to get your head around as some others out there, but due to the way that its setup it is possible to do things like this.
N/A

email

Thanks to all