cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email probs

N/A

email probs

is anybody having email problems right now or is it just me?
couldn't get mail through outlook earlier ( reported errors when trying to connect to server) but i found i could use web mail o.k.
right now cant get into webmail either. internet is fine!
5 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

email probs

Hi,

There aren't any issues being reported at the moment, and I've just been able to log into my own account on webmail. Have you tried rebooting your machine at all?

As for the issues you've had with outlook, these can often be caused when antivirus software updates itself, and also to a lesser extent when a firewall gets updated, though this tends to knock out browsing as well. So you might wish to check your settings for these two pieces of software.
N/A

email probs

Seems to be working after a re-boot, strange thing is i've been having all sorts of problems since moving house.
just been checking my router setup and found settings for dns servers were
212.159.11.150 pri
212.159.13.150 sec

don't know where these addresses came from so changed them to
212.159.13.49 pri
212.159.13.50 sec

and all now seems so much "smoother"

thanks for the reply!
JonathanW
Grafter

email probs

Hi,

Those two that you had before, 212.159.11.150 and 212.159.13.150 are the Authorative name servers, that store the details of all domains that we host. Which aren't recomended for use for standard DNS lookups.
N/A

email probs

Thanks for the info, guess i must have been told to use them at some time, strange thing is, they haven't changed since i was at the last address, all seemed to be working fine there.
I guess i'll stick to the addresses i have now and see if it's o.k. long term.

Thanks again!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

email probs

Those were the same DNS numbers I was given in Sept 2003 when I joined and have had np problems since