Any reason for this?

Many Thanks

Gary
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: email problem

Same here.
Outlook error message:-

Task 'mail.plus.net - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Steve
N/A

> Same here.
> Outlook error message:-
>
> Task 'mail.plus.net - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
>
> Steve

Likewise. Same error etc.., but so-called "Service Status" says its been OK for days. Is the status updated when a problem starts or when the problem is cleared ??

Jim
N/A

Hi there,

Service status has been updated now with the problem, we have already diagnosed the problem. The service should be restored in the next 30 minutes.

Thank you for informing us of the problem.

Kind Regards,
Russell.
--
| Russell Till.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support .......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ---- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----

N/A

E mail seems to be working again BUT it seems Ive lost quite a few incoming messages. Can customer support confirm if e mail messages have been lost?

Laurence Carr

N/A

Hi,

The e-mails shouldn't have been lost, they may just need a bit of time to come through after the outage.

Kind Regards,
Russell.
--
| Russell Till.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support .......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ---- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----
N/A

Hi I'm still having trouble connecting. I'm getting Outlook error: 0x800ccc0e "Unable to connect to server"

I checked the settings (though they hadn't been changed) and noticed that I had had pop3.plus.net, I checked on the website in case there had been a change and we'd missed it (I've been away) and saw that it should be mail.plus.net. I've changed the server setting to that, but still get the error.

It had been working fine until about the same time as the error reported in this thread so assume that it's connected?

TIA
N/A

Hi there,

I can confirm that the earlier issues relating to email problems have been resolved and you should no longer be affected by this.

I have also set up Outlook Express with your account details and have been able to connect to the mail servers with no problem at all.

I would suggest you check you settings, ensureing you are using the following:

Incoming Mail Server (Pop3): mail.plus.net
Outgoing Mail Server (smtp): relay.plus.net

Regards,
Mark.

| Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+
N/A

Thanks for that. It does work now.

It required a restart of Outlook to clear the problem. I guess it doesn't recover even when the servers have.