cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email broken again :-(

Grimbo
Grafter

As of 8:30 this morning it appears that email isn't working for the umpteenth time.

Neither the webmail or my client are working.
180 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Using my Mail program's connection diagnostics, I'm getting the message for all my PlusNet addresses that it can't connect to the POP server. It connects OK for outgoing mail and for my non-PlusNet address.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
Lorian
Grafter

Email is, quite frankly, beyond a joke with plusnet at the moment.
Neondaze
Grafter

I also cannot connect to Webmail or the mail server with my mail client. I have raised tickets concerning this as according to the service pages everything is fine!

These constant problems with receiving email are becoming rather annoying. The receiving and sending of email is a basic service and PlusNet should be able to provide this without issue. At the moment they are failing.
Alecto
Grafter

Yes I can confirm that too.
It worked at about 7.30 ish for a time, but now just gives:

The server responded with an error. Account: 'mail.plus.net', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90
N/A

Not only that, their phone system is not working!!!! What a complete shower of crap PN are at the moment!!!
N/A

Well, emails been down now over 30 minutes and service status is still green! Sort it our PlusNet and spend less time writing rambling service status notices about how things are supposedly getting better and install a decent email system instead.
N/A

Yep Same here..
No Email thru plus.
I use outlook and still have some old other accounts in there ( freeserve/orange etc) and these still work fine for receiving mail will connected thru plus.net its just there own email thats no go.

Has anybody tried reporting this thru the right channels ?
cause is it just me or have they made it very difficult to raise a ticket.. I have just been trying to and can only get to ask a question about a service and not report a problem. I even tried the fault checker a few times to see if that would lead me to the report a fault, but this fails everytime and tells me to try again in a few minutes.
a few weeks ago the reoprt a fault/email us a problem was very easily found and used..but not anymore
N/A

I have raised a ticket - also tried to phone them but the number keeps ringing out - so much for their new focus on customer service!!! If you can't tell I am getting really fed up of the pathetic service that PN are currently giving!!
N/A

It's 9.10am and still no e-mail, and still no anouncement through the service pages!
Alecto
Grafter

What exactly is the right channel to report it, now you ask?

If you raise a ticket, it could be hours till they see it.
Phoning will either not get through or get you told to try another router.
I'd assumed posting on here was the quickest way to get it noticed.

Would somebody from Pn pse confirm this?Huh
Grimbo
Grafter

What exactly is the right channel to report it, now you ask?[

I suggest that you resort to prayer.

All practical methods are unavailable at the moment.
N/A

Just raised a ticket too and apparently average response times is over 2 hours! I look forward to the reply asking me to unplug my router and check the cables :lol: .
Saturn
Grafter

Mine has been intermittent for weeks now, but today - Outlook, Mailwasher, Webmail just timeout and do nothing.
N/A

My client reports it hasn't connected since about 8:30 this morning.