cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easystart pricing

N/A

easystart pricing

Hi
I am on easystart paying 24.99 a month and have done for the last 18 or 19 months.
Was this meant to go down after a year? Or should I change to another package.
Thanks
6 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

easystart pricing

Hi,

There was never an automatic price change on EasyStart, although you can change to one of the other accounts we offer should you wish. There might be a regrade fee, depending on what you change to, but you can certainly change should you wish.
N/A

easystart pricing

Was not the £24.99 payment for first year to pay for modem and connection then it was to drop to £21.99.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

easystart pricing

No, it was always designed to stay at £24.99, although at the end of 12 months you could downgrade without having to pay the £99.99 cancellation charge.
___oDiN__
Grafter

easystart pricing

so basically your getting charged more for a lesser priced package like lots of others who either didnt/dont know or wern't told to downgrade to the same package but lower price by plusnet.
It seems that plusnet find this perfectly fine and that all users should be on the plusnet main page checking package prices or on the forums to make sure that the prices havent changed.

Otherwise tough and u will pay more

sucks doesnt it

I for one was paying 38 for 2mb for quite a while after plusnet did the same 2mb package for 21.99 it was only when a friend on irc mentioned it i realised i was paying almost twice what i should have been, upon ringing CS they said it wasnt upto them to tell me of package changes and that my package was now a 8mb max one even though 8mb wasnt ( and still isnt) available and i was not informed of any such change
hitachi
Grafter

easystart pricing

If you work out the figures easystart does not pay back the activation and modem till it's been running for about 2 years so it's no surprise it is not automatically downgraded after 12 months.
Community Veteran

easystart pricing

I was always aware that there is no automatic downgrade on easystart from the start, I hardly belive it is the same as 4 / 8mb because the customer is aware of the cheaper products at signup.