cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-mail stuck?

Laugh
Grafter

e-mail stuck?

Do we have any queues on the mail servers? I've checked the service status and the lights are green.... But......

20 minutes to get a basic text message seems a bit long to me.

Any issues?
6 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

e-mail stuck?

http://www.plus.net/support/network_performance/mail_queues.shtml?supporta=networkpmailqueues

Nothing abnormal showing at the mo. All should be working well.

Could it be a delay at the sender's outgoing mail servers? Got the headers?
Laugh
Grafter

e-mail stuck?

Thanks for the response Liam.

I am the sender. I thought it might have been my work setup, so I sent an e-mail to my hotmail account and that went through within 3 mins. Still not got the mail I sent to my PN e-mail though.

I'm expecting an e-mail today that hasn't turned up so I sent a simple test email to my PN account over half an hour ago. It's still not there although I have had a topic reply notification. I'll check with our Techie lads here at work and see if we have a problem here.
Laugh
Grafter

e-mail stuck?

I've sent another test mail. This one went to my plus.com e-mail. That went through within minutes. What isn't getting through is e-mail going to my personal domain email. I'll do a few more checks.
Laugh
Grafter

e-mail stuck?

I've used a different mailbox and the same thing has happened. The mail gets through if I use the plus.com mailbox but it doesn't get through on my domain name. I have raised a ticket on this (ticket no; 21255822).

Is anyone else having a similar issue or am I special? Smiley
Liam
Grafter

e-mail stuck?

Well I was going to reply... but you closed it :-)

Anyway, I've refreshed your mailbox component at this end to see if that fixes it for you.

Let me know if the symptoms persist after 20 minutes.
Laugh
Grafter

e-mail stuck?

Shockedops: Don't I feel a numpty! Shockedops:

The Techie lads here at work now say that there may be a problem with our end in that they can't resolve the domain name here. I've cancelled the ticket I raised.

Thanks Liam, but I don't think I need your expertise now.

Sorry about all this. I'll go and hide in the corner.