cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-mail servers down ???

bobbygeorge
Grafter

e-mail servers down ???

Is anyone else having problems retrieving e-mails this afternoon. I am currently getting the old server time out error & server didn't respond ..

nothing on the service status (green)

I hope the old problems haven't returned

grrr

:roll: :roll:
35 REPLIES
N/A

Mail

I'm in the same boat, came home tonight and am unable to access mail either by POP3 or webmail - for the second night running. This is getting beyond a joke, on top of the poor DSL since my "upgrade".
Community Veteran

e-mail servers down ???

E mails working Ok here for me Smiley
Fixes: 115

e-mail servers down ???

Emails fine for me although each account seems slow to log on whereas they usually whizz by on the OE display.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

e-mail servers down ???

constipated here. Imap dies for most accounts. Took 5 mins to get to 80% then froze.

not sure if Pn are aware of this. They've not commented yet anyway.

The only recent post relates apparently to pop3 no mention of imap. FREQUENT experience indicates that when one's broken the other is too.

Can't believe the new system still causes so many problems.

A
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

e-mail servers down ???

Hi there,

I'll learn from the IMAP thing. The last two days I have writtent he service status and IMAP has been fine. Then lo-and-behold minutes after I submit the post up it pops in our monitoring systems :roll:

In future will take account for IMAP when mail collection fails for similar reasons. I'm interested to know what caused it as it happened at exactly the same time as the day before. Will be trying to find this out tommorrow.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Veteran

e-mail servers down ???

Cheers Bob,

Not guilty I only tried to get my mail at 9pm.

Has everyone now moved to the new system.

I take it the backup system is mirrored constantly and the slowdown is not due to something trying to start a scheduled backup at a set time each day, or a antivirus scheduler running / kicking in and grinding things to a halt.

Are there previous scripts which were scheduled to run to fix a repair which are being run repeatdly at a set time.

just some ideas.

A
N/A

e-mail servers down ???

Mine does appear to be a bit slow tbh.

3 Emails sent from the same pc while I was at work at 4.15 and only one has arrived as of yet.

Oh well, its a good excuse for not doing the work i was meant to do on it Wink
Community Veteran

e-mail servers down ???

The DNS problems will depending on the error message from your e-mail client also look like problems with getting/sending e-mail.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
bobbygeorge
Grafter

e-mail servers down ???

I can't believe it,

e-mail servers are down again & service status goes to red AGAIN !!! :roll:

How can it be possible for these problems to keep returning, surely the engineers are on top of this after about 6 months of grief.

Please plusnet, offer us an e-mail service we can rely on, it's not much we ask ...

Cry
canford
Grafter

e-mail servers down ???

Be reasonable, the 'engineers' haven't got time to deal with unimportant things like e-mail. They need to fiddle with the Ellacoyas.
N/A

e-mail servers down ???

yup, no email for me.. no doubt i will never see any of the mails sent to my domains during the past three days.. yet more utterly unnacceptable levels of service from the worst ISP in history
long-gone
Grafter

e-mail servers down ???

It's only my PN email that's failing, other email accounts are OK. And it's nothing to do with PNs DNS servers - I don't use them.
10crawford
Grafter

e-mail servers down ???

Plusnets e mail servers are the most unreliable servers I use. My other e mail accounts havn't failed in the last year. Plusnets have some many failures I have lost count.
bobbygeorge
Grafter

e-mail servers down ???

you just need to check out the service status archives of the e-mail service.

https://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=email

same old

:roll:

its quite unbelievable

:twisted: Evil