cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-mail retrieval probs yet again ....

bobbygeorge
Grafter

Is it just me, or is anyone else having problems retrieving e-mails from their plusnet account.

My last retrieval was about 13:20 today

It connects but its as if nothing is there, I know I have at least 10 e-mails waiting for collection

surely not again. :roll:

Evil :twisted:
140 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

See http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47458 and http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1156776869.htm althought it does appear to be affecting more than just IMAP at the moment.
waldron
Grafter

I use POP3 and have received nothing at all today. I know of at least 4 emails that have been sent to my PlusNet account. I'm receiving from other non-PN accounts OK.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Some mails have been delayed a little while we are fixing the IMAP problem, should hopefully clear out overnight.
N/A

I'm not receiving my emails either.
N/A

At 10:24 today, Plusnet posted a service status update, saying 'We are also pleased to report that queues across the platform have returned to normal.'

We have had almost no incoming mail for over 24 hours, new mail is still not appearing. I telephoned PlusNet, and after a 10 minute wait was told it was a known problem, and they were still waiting for the queues to clear.

What is the point in Service Status if it doesn't provide a clear update as to current faults?

There also doesn't seem to be any description of the fault. Like many businesses, we rely on email, unfortunately PlusNet seem no longer competent to provide this as a reliable service.
N/A

Email Not Working

PlusNet claim their email issues have been sorted, but my email hasn't been working since yesterday (28-Aug), trying to get any sense from this web site is nearly impossible....and it would be easier to get an audience with God than get anyone on the phone at Plusnet...I really must change my ISP!! Sad
Alan_Robinson

EMAIL ETA?

According to this morning's 10:24 update by Bob Pullen: http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1156843441.htm

We are also pleased to report that queues across the platform have returned to normal.

I have received none of the 4 EMAILS sent to my account approximately 12, 10, 1 and 1/2 hour ago.

I trust this is not considered normal.

I had a few spam EMAILs trickle through in the early hours, delayed between 2 and 10 hours on the final PlusNet hop. Any idea when the rest of my mail will turn up? The occasional problem I can live with, provided I know whats going on.

Time to think about an alternative EMAIL solution, even if I stick with PlustNet for ADSL (and that is in doubt if the intermittent MaxDSL problems recurr).
N/A

Hallo, i too have not received any mail since yesterday lunchtime and i know there IS mail out there! I am missing out on work as it is allocated by email , i am very angry as this is happening more and more on a regular basis (every w'end for the past 2or 3 months.) According to plusNet the Email Status is "back to Normal" well mine isn't and by the looks on this Forum a lot of other people are having problems too. I am seriously thinking of moving from PNet, i have beenwith them for 3 years and my service has deteriorated as they have grown , the small customer doen't seem to count anylonger. I pay my monthly fee in good faith and on time and i don't receive the service i think i should be getting , how do others out there feelHuh :x
N/A

how do others out there feelHuh :x

I feel exactly the same. E-mail is extremely important to me for work also, and not getting any e-mail causes huge problems for me. It is completely unacceptable. I am very disappointed in this service.
N/A

Same with me. I regularly have lost/delayed emails on a Monday (!?). I would not mind too much if I knew that they would turn up eventually. Does anyone know if these emails are lost or if they should turn up eventually?
Alan_Robinson

Update here: http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1156847875.htm

Though I would prefer to be reading EMAIL, rather than scanning to see if the problem is officially fixed or even acknowledged.
N/A

At 10:24 today, Plusnet posted a service status update, saying 'We are also pleased to report that queues across the platform have returned to normal.'
... I telephoned PlusNet, and ... was told it was a known problem, and they were still waiting for the queues to clear.
What is the point in Service Status if it doesn't provide a clear update as to current faults?
It means that, having 'cleared' Email Problems - (Ref 34970) (which started 28/08/2006 @ 20:10) at 10:24 they can show Email Delays - NEW at 11:37 today and show that there have only been problems for 52 minutes instead of 16 hours 28 minutes.
In other spheres it's called 'snowing the auditor'
N/A

I'm intermittently receiving emails - I can connect to the server fine but several email I know have been sent (including a couple of test emails from myself) just aren't being delivered.

The latest service status announcement talks of queues delaying the email delivery, even although an hour previously the queues were reported to be back to "normal levels". I still haven't received some emails from yesterday and am getting none at all at the moment, so somebody's not quite reporting things as they are.
N/A

In other spheres it's called 'snowing the auditor'

Its also known as not having the dangly things to admit they have a problem.