cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-mail here one day gone the next

fezzy2001uk
Grafter

silly i know but e-mails are doing my head in .there in my inbox one day then the next there gone ..i have altered nothing. but i must be doing something wrong but where are they :? anyone seen them
8 REPLIES
Andrew
Grafter

I've had the same problem.

Been on dialup for the past 3 weeks (don't ask, soon to be ex caused the issue, just took FOREVER to get the line back and broadband service resumed), in the mean time I've been using webmail via dialup (her line hehe).

I have noticed two emails that simply vanished from my inbox, I've no idea how many vanished that I'm not aware of. It wasn't me, so somethings amiss somewhere.
James
Grafter

We are talking webmail here right?

Is there any possibility of their having being downloaded via POP3?
Andrew
Grafter

In my case, yes, webmail and no, absolutely not. I have not downloaded anything between 10 and 31 Jan.

I actually watched one go. I tagged some spam moved it to trash, when the screen refreshed an invoice notification had disappeared (and no I didn't tag it by mistake).
fezzy2001uk
Grafter

In my case, yes, webmail and no, absolutely not. I have not downloaded anything between 10 and 31 Jan.

I actually watched one go. I tagged some spam moved it to trash, when the screen refreshed an invoice notification had disappeared (and no I didn't tag it by mistake).

not with pop3 on this site but i do use it with outlook ex...seem others are losing e-mails also HuhHuhHuhHuh
they could be very importent luckily mine at this time were not
fezzy2001uk
Grafter

missing e-mail

thanks folks at pn
all sorted i now know where they went

and it had nothing to do with yourselves

muchas gratus
N/A

may i suggest using an alternative email supplier to pn as their service still seems a bit flakey, I learnt my lesson last year. Its ok for catching spam though
N/A

it surprised me to learn in another thread that PN do not keep logs of email login access...

my advice: if you're staying with PN get yourself some separate hosting and email service. according to the most recent PUG interviews PN videos, it sounded as though the email setup *still* hasn't been sorted.
fezzy2001uk
Grafter

may i suggest using an alternative email supplier to pn as their service still seems a bit flakey, I learn't my lesson last year. Its ok for catching spam though

i use outlook for my mail now and everything is back to normal ..what was happening was i downloaded mail with pn .then when i downloaded with outlook as my default mail program .pn deleted the mail on there site has i did not need it in 2 places saves me a job
cheers everyone for your time