cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e mail error

N/A

e mail error

pls can some one tell me how i can send e-mail, from my webmail to yahoo account.
i do send e mails to my friend that use yahoo and hot mail but only those in hotmail receive my mail whereas yahoo do not. but i can receive mails sent from yahoo.
any help will be appreciated.
cheeers
8 REPLIES
sam
Grafter

e mail error

Hi,

Is this only webmail, can you sent to Yahoo addresses using outlook or another mail client?

Is there a bounce mail received or do they just appear to be sending?

I am just in the process of setting up a Yahoo mail account, so I cannot try this at present.
Community Veteran

e mail error

Can you reply to the emails you received from a yahoo email address and if so, does it arrive?
sam
Grafter

e mail error

Hi globaltrade,

I have tested this and I am also unable to send via webmail to my new yahoo mail account.

I have posted in our internal network forum to see if we are being blocked by Yahoo. I will let you know when they get back to me.
shellsong
Grafter

e mail error

I haven't had any problems receiving official emails from PlusNet in my yahoo.com email account-- the last one was on 06/02/2007
sam
Grafter

e mail error

Hi again Globetrade,

I have finally received my test mail to yahoo, this was placed in the bulk folder and not the inbox as the other test messages were.

There was a big delay in the mail being received in the yahoo mailbox though, the mails were received by Google mail etc in minutes and it was almost an hour for this one.

Our network team have confirmed that we are not blocked by Yahoo, so I don't really know what to suggest, sorry.
shellsong
Grafter

e mail error

I've just forwarded a mail at 16:16 to my yahoo account to test things from my point of view

While I was cleaning out the pages of spam that had accumulated since my last visit to my postmaster account I noticed that someone had cheekily spammed me spoofing non-existent accounts as xxx@shellsong.plus.com

Update: The email arrived in my Spam folder at 16:44-- I have flagged it as "Not Spam" and I'll see if Yahoo Mail's filtering has learned from the experience
N/A

e mail error

Thank you all for your kind advice, i took a look at my bulk folder in yahoo to find out that mails from webmail is delivered into the bulk folder, and it takes about four hrs to receive the test mail i sent from webmail to yahoo.
shellsong
Grafter

e mail error

My second foray into sending an email from my PlusNet postmaster account to my yahoo account since flagging the first as "Not Spam" has landed in my Inbox and did so in about 8 minutes so it looks as though the filtering has learnt!

In view of this I would suggest that it should pay to diligently mark stuff that doesn't belong in the Yahoo Spam folder as "Not Spam" and it may well learn to accept further postings into the Inbox