Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

due to high call volume we will be cutting you off

N/A

3 calls to pn and 3 times i got 20 + mins of waiting then cut-off

raising a ticket is a joke:

1. they take days to reply
2. when they reply they clearly do not read the history and then ask you to do things you have already done ..............so you pick up the phone (see above)

disgraceful - is this a new policy?
9 REPLIES
mrchalk
Grafter

that happened me a few times i have to say. annoying or wat? 3 times i sat for 20+ mins only to get cut Evil
Dizzley
Grafter

My advice is to be very clear in a ticket about what you already know. Say things like "yes I've already stood on one leg with my eyes closed", or "this is my fifth ticket and no-one read the history yet". Also escalate problems with the quality of response to James Bailey. He will want to know specific ticket numbers.

Like any IT support department PN can actually get better over time. As you might appreciate they must be going through MaxDSL hell right now in the customer service centre.
Couger
Grafter

My advice is to be very clear in a ticket about what you already know. Say things like "yes I've already stood on one leg with my eyes closed", or "this is my fifth ticket and no-one read the history yet". Also escalate problems with the quality of response to James Bailey. He will want to know specific ticket numbers.

Like any IT support department PN can actually get better over time. As you might appreciate they must be going through MaxDSL hell right now in the customer service centre.

Fair comment but think back 3 years m8 how support was then, its a shambles right now, i friend of mine has Joined pn recently and hes constantly saying how bad pn are 45+mins on hold, 15 hours without a reply on his ticket, which in turn is making me feel a right cunt for recommending him PN

well thats it i aint recommend pn anymore, im sick of the embarrasment pn need to sort there shit out and get more staff lol

Mod shut up
N/A

I agree completely. The PlusNet customer support tickets are lacking in substance; that's an understatement. It makes you wonder what experience the agents who reply to the ticket submitted have.

My guess is not a lot: there should be much more experienced PlusNet agents giving them more guidance than they seem to be doing now!

It's probably the lure of the scalectrix that's preventing the correct mentor attitude between the senior PlusNet agents and the front line newcomers... Wink
N/A

I agree completely. The PlusNet customer support tickets are lacking in substance; that's an understatement. It makes you wonder what experience the agents who reply to the ticket submitted have.

My guess is not a lot: there should be much more experienced PlusNet agents giving them more guidance than they seem to be doing now!

It's probably the lure of the scalectrix that's preventing the correct mentor attitude between the senior PlusNet agents and the front line newcomers... Wink

PlusNet - Careers > Current Vacancies > Customer Support Agent (RC2)

Customer Support Agent (RC2)

Does that answer the question Wink
We are seeking friendly and enthusiastic individuals to support and respond to queries from our fast growing customer base. Successful candidates will become part of our award winning customer support team, answering technical, sales and customer service enquiries via telephone and written communication. Duties will also include customer awareness, liaison with third party suppliers and some outbound calling.

All we ask is that you can demonstrate an enthusiastic attitude, are well motivated and have an ability to learn quickly, along with an interest in the Internet or Computing. We will provide you with complete in house training, and you will work in a fast moving and friendly callcentre environment. Previous experience in first or second line helpdesk support would be beneficial; however we will consider all applicants regardless of background. All applicants must have the ability to communicate clearly at all levels.

These full and part time roles allow for fast track career development with opportunities in all areas of our business. These posts are both demanding and rewarding, and shift or night work may be required. Salaries are competitive and all successful candidates will be subject to a 3 month probationary period. After that, the sky's the limit!

If interested, please download and complete the electronic Application and Equal Opportunities forms and e-mail back to the relevant addresses.

Please also include a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this post.

• View all vacancies

Download
Application Form&
Equal Opportunties

Complete both

E-Mail back
Application Form:
goplusnet@plus.net
Equal Opportunities:
equalopps@plus.net
N/A

All applicants must have the ability to communicate clearly at all levels.

:lol:
Snarf
Grafter

I raised a connection problems ticket, it said check back in approximately 2 hours for a response (obviously checking line etc). Ticket was raised at 5:30pm, then was answered at 6:09am the next morning Smiley

13 hours for a 2 hour response time isn't bad Wink I regularly turn my router off too, so I turned it off around midnight, so when they reported no connection problems I may not even have been connected Tongue
Community Veteran

I used to work for PlusNet (nearly 3 years) and I've also moderated on these forums for over 3 years. I've seen lots of ups and downs product wise and support wise, however every other aspect of PlusNet has grown / evolved / improved over the years, but the levels of support I've seen in contact us (ive got no recent telephone support experience) on my account, other accounts I manage and from the general amount of issues raised here the technical and customer service skills from have fallen considerably. This is more than just a peak and trough situation IMO.
Community Veteran

It's funny how the luck of the draw goes - I can't speak for the quality of ticket replies (as my most recent ticket required a very cut-and-dried answer), but, when I last updated the ticket, I got it returned to me with a reply... three minutes and thirty six seconds later!

Thomas