cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dragonsbreath.services.quay.plus.net

N/A

dragonsbreath.services.quay.plus.net

Could someone tell me if this is an actual plusnet thingy (ping??) - and what it is as my firewall software picks it up every 10 minutes or so?

thanks

Someone on address dragonsbreath.services.quay.plus.net [212.159.14.30] wants to send ICMP packet to your machine
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

RE: dragonsbreath.services.quay.plus.net

> Could someone tell me if this is an actual plusnet thingy (ping??) - and what it is as my firewall software picks it up every 10 minutes or so?
>
> thanks
>
> Someone on address dragonsbreath.services.quay.plus.net [212.159.14.30] wants to send ICMP packet to your machine

Someone mentioned that a while ago, it is a PN scan too check if your online or not.
--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
@ in #utgames #utchat #uthelp
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

How odd.

thanks
N/A

I have just checked my firewall logs for the last 2 days and that ip doesn't show up once.
Are you running a p2p program?

I think it belongs to a +net user not +net itself.

Angus

benoh
Grafter

> I have just checked my firewall logs for the last 2 days and that ip doesn't show up once.
> Are you running a p2p program?
>
> I think it belongs to a +net user not +net itself.
>
> Angus
>
>

It is one of our servers, the RADIUS stop packets that we recieve from BT to say your session has ended sometimes arnt correct so your session stays open, this way we can ensure they are closed when you disconnect.

Ben O'Hara
Network Support Analyst
Plusnet Technologies.