cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downloading sub email addresses into MS outlook

N/A

Hi there. I'm sure this is an easy one and has been asked lots and lots, but I'm really stuck. i have been trying to download my email into microsoft outlook. this works ok for the main name on the account, but it doesnt operate for the other names. so for example it worked for pmturner@pmturner.plus.com, but it doesnt work for paul@pmturner.plus.com.
why would that be and more importantly what do i need to change to get this to download all my emails into MS outlook?
I know some might also say why download them at all, and thats a fair issue, but I would at least like to have that choice.
:idea: I did think to make sure the add was correct when it went off to find the mail in that account, and tried every combination i could think of from paul, paul@pmturner to paul@pmturner.plus.com.. but none worked.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Paul
7 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,
It sounds like you are trying to set up your outlook client to collect mail from mailboxes you've configured in My Account -> Email settings.

Information on how to do this can be found in the help & support pages here

Hope that helps,
Andrew D Wiles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

I may be completely wrong but I think Outlook is based on business use (originally NT then XP Pro and will only allow one user per windows logon. So you can't actually have two email accounts on it. Outlook Express will allow it but, as far as I can remember, Outlook doesn't unless you create a series of windows accounts
N/A

I may be completely wrong

Yup, you are. Outlook can handle multiple accounts just as easily Outlook Express can.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

I may be completely wrong

Yup, you are. Outlook can handle multiple accounts just as easily Outlook Express can.
Your right I should have checked before using my failing memory Shockedops:
N/A

Many Many thanks guys for a quick response. i had missed out a small element, but hey thats all it ever takes isn't it.. thanks again, it's now operational.
N/A

You are more than welcome, I'm glad to hear its now working for you.

Regards,
adw
N/A

Your right I should have checked before using my failing memory Shockedops:

Not a problem - with the myriad of different software these days, keeping track of what does what can be a problem!