cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download speeds

N/A

download speeds

Hi All
I am very new to this I was just wondering what is a reasonable download speed on 2mb premier account .

Regards Alan
13 REPLIES
jimmcginty
Grafter

download speeds

Depends what you are downloading ?

A file via http e.g. Save as I get ~220 kB/s

p2p I can get > 200 kB/s using a well seeded site, off peak.

Jim
MysteryFCM
Grafter

download speeds

My speeds as of 2 mins ago Sad

Downstream 356 Kbps (44.5 KB/sec) 384 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 102 Kbps (12.8 KB/sec) 110 Kbps (inc. overheads)

What happened to my lovely 2MB connection?
N/A

download speeds

Mine of 2 mins ago is

Downstream 957 Kbps (119.6 KB/sec) 1033 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 241 Kbps (30.1 KB/sec) 260 Kbps (inc. overheads)
MysteryFCM
Grafter

download speeds

Rofl, better than mine atleast Wink
N/A

download speeds

Mine of 2 mins ago is

Downstream 957 Kbps (119.6 KB/sec) 1033 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 241 Kbps (30.1 KB/sec) 260 Kbps (inc. overheads)

What account or plan have you got?
Also what is your usage at the moment and also whats your exchange status like usingthis exchange checker?

There could be many things at play here. It could be thatif your on the BB+ account you have used a certain amount and have been placed on management level 1 ( although with those speeds I very much doubt it as it would be more like 60Kb/s ). The other causes may be that the exchange is contention and so there are many users contending against each other causing a slow down in speed for yourself.

You may also have a problem with your line, although BT will not do anything as it is above the 400kbps minimum acceptable level that BT enforce.

regards,
N/A

download speeds

Hi
I am on 2MB Home Premier the exchange link you sent me states
VP Congestion is Medium
current usage is 337.8MB for the month (only joined this week)

Regards Alan
N/A

download speeds

Hi Alan,

I think that may explain the reason for your slow speeds. Having medium VP Congestion is more than likely the cause of this.

The best I could suggest would be to monitor the connection and you will inevitably find that you will find spells of normal speeds whilst at other times you will find slower speeds due to the congestion.

Please also montior or keep using the link I left as this will tell you if the cengestion clears up at any point and also notes major service outages.

Regards,
N/A

download speeds

Thanks for the info

Looks like it may be something i have to put up with as the "VP Congestion is Medium" has been reported every day for the last 2 months except for a couple of outages.

Regards Alan
N/A

download speeds

Somehow tonight, the speed is quite slow or is it just me? Or maybe everyone now is downloading like crazy... Smiley
N/A

download speeds

Alan,

No problem. I am glad my help has been of some use to you.

Dont hesitate about coming back should you have any further questions.

Regards,
MysteryFCM
Grafter

download speeds

Somehow tonight, the speed is quite slow or is it just me? Or maybe everyone now is downloading like crazy... Smiley

My speeds were terrible yesterday and early this morning but are absolutely fine now Smiley
N/A

download speeds

I think everyone was downloading as much as possible then. This is quite bad. First we move our download times at night but now there are too many people downloading as much as possible at that time. So now there is a back lock. I wonder how PN will solve this.

I'm having problems for the past 2 days where I have to restart my router. This is getting very annoying.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
MysteryFCM
Grafter

download speeds

Think the backlog must be back ... I'm getting terrible fluctuations in speed as of an hour or so ago Sad ... hope this isn't a sign of things to come :?