cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download speeds PLEASE HELP SUPPORT TEAM

N/A

i am about to pull my hair out, over the last 3 weeks i have gone from 300kb's to now around 10 kbs. my broadband is virtually useless to me without a download facility. my ticket replies are no help.
22£ a month for nothing ... i have been a plus net cust for over 2years and until the last 2 months everything was fine. I don't want to leave but i have no service.

PLEASE HELP
4 REPLIES
namtab
Grafter

I have the same prob m8,did the bt speed test, results ranged from 4kps - 107kps, PN "Support" say this is ok!!!!! ticket still open, but like you maybe the only way is to find another ISP.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Re: download speeds PLEASE HELP SUPPORT TEAM

i am about to pull my hair out, over the last 3 weeks i have gone from 300kb's to now around 10 kbs. my broadband is virtually useless to me without a download facility. my ticket replies are no help.

Hi,

What speeds do you get on a speed test and what speed is the line sync'd at? There could be a number of reasons for the speed problem so it's difficult to judge what the cause may be without a few more detail.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

I have the same prob m8,did the bt speed test, results ranged from 4kps - 107kps, PN "Support" say this is ok!!!!! ticket still open, but like you maybe the only way is to find another ISP.

Hi,

That reply looks like a script reply, with a speed fault the system will automatically look up the results of the BT Speedtest, on this occassion it doesn't look like it could find any. Did you run the BT Speedtest whilst logged in with the speedtest username?

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/27
namtab
Grafter

Hi, yes i did do the test whilst logged onto BT, although i must admit i ran the tests a couple of hours before i used the PN fault checker maybe this is why it did't pick up on my results?. Iwill run the checker again and this time do the speedtests when prompted.