cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downgrades

N/A

downgrades

as my line will seemingly not support 2mb i may as well downgrade to 1mb Sad

is there a charge for this or is that only for upgrades?

Cool
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

downgrades

Not sure what you mean by 'as my line will seemingly not support 2mb'

Do you currently have a 2Mb connection or did you try to upgrade to it and it failed? If you do have a 2Mb connection, what is it that leads you to state the above?

If you are on 2Mb then yes, there is a charge to downgrade to 1Mb which is the regrade fee BT charge + admin fee charged by Plusnet. Upgrades are normally sunsidised by Plusnet but downgrades are not so it will cost more to downgrade.

The costs are detailed in Residential Upgrade Price List and as your monthly cost will decrease and you will keep your current contract length (I assume) it will be £29.99 shown in the 2nd table.
N/A

downgrades

Hi
Peter........may be you fell into that one......................could
this be another user on the _ _ or managed pipe
:roll:
N/A

downgrades

You might consider a look at the OP's profile and posts. HERE
N/A

downgrades

Peter
I do not read all the posts on the forum but.
petervaughan wrote
Not sure what you mean by 'as my line will seemingly not support 2mb'

From that reply it would seem that you don't, may be you have taken the time to look at old posts after your first post, I took the post on face value. There is nothing lost in either case.
Could be at the end of the day its a result of BT lifting the limits on Broadband. When they did, I also thought, well why not upgrade.............but being who I am, thought it better to wait and see what happened with others who did upgrade.
As stated there's nothing lost, and at least we have both looked at previous posts on the subject by tackleout. Wink
Hey it's Christmas
N/A

downgrades

just to clarify, if it's not already happened as a result of my earlier posts

no i'm not on the BBP
yes i initially requested 2mb
as a result of constant drops a BT engineer came out and assessed me as a borderline case based upon my distance from the exchange etc
apparently my case is currently under consideration by BT and has been for several weeks
in the meantime i asked plusnet to lower my connection to 1mb which was stable
seems i'm still paying £39.99 though

i think it a bit unfair to have to pay a downgrade fee as well
it's not my fault my line wont accept 2mb, my upgrade request was processed and accepted by plusnet/BT afterall Sad
N/A

downgrades

Thanks tackleout
this confirms my previous post

tackleout wrote
as a result of constant drops a BT engineer came out and assessed me as a borderline case based upon my distance from the exchange etc

Sorry that you are having so much of a problem, I would have thought that in your case +net would have put you back on the 1M connection awaiting further information from BT.
What would be the situation if you were a "new" customer, and signed up for a 2M connection and paid all the fees, and your line "failed the test", would you get a refund :?:

Seems I was correct in waiting to see what happened with upgrades, could have been me
Community Veteran

downgrades

What would be the situation if you were a "new" customer, and signed up for a 2M connection and paid all the fees, and your line "failed the test", would you get a refund :?:

Yes they would because BT would have failed the activation. It appears BT may be deciding if the original upgrade to 2Mb was a success or failure. If they deem it a failure then the line would be put back to what it was at no cost to the customer and the upgrade fee refunded. If BT determin the upgrade succeeded, no refund is due and if the customer wants to downgrade they woul have to pay the ISPs fees to do so. The fact that tackleout has asked for a downgrade before BT have made their mind up means the fees are payable. It may have been better to wait for BT to make their decision as it may npt have cost you.

And FYI I do read a lot of posts and because of that I can't remember everything about what people have posted before or what problems they have. My reply was based on, and only on, the information given in the first post with no assumptions made (as you did in your first reply which turned out to be incorrect) and only a request to explain what the comment meant.
N/A

downgrades

petervaugan wrote
the information given in the first post with no assumptions made (as you did in your first reply which turned out to be incorrect) and only a request to explain what the comment meant.

My first reply to the post was a simple question, not an assumption as you indicated. It did however prompt tackleout to post the reason for his current problems

apparently my case is currently under consideration by BT and has been for several weeks

tackleout I hope you get your problem sorted soon
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

downgrades

Hi tackleout,

Looking at the notes on your account we are waiting for some confirmation from BT High Level Complaints team who deal with issues like this where a line cannot support a particular speed.

Please don't put a regrade request in as our automated system will bill you for this, the downgrade to 1Mbps shouldn't cost you anything.

Unfortunately these cases can take some time to process, what I can say is that for any period where you've paid for 2Mbps but only been connected at 1Mbps we will credit you so you won't lose out.
N/A

downgrades

cheers dave

will holdfire pending hearing from you

Cheesy