cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

domains

N/A

domains

I have just pre registered for the new 2mb adsl service which is due to go live on the 1st of May.

I read that this account will be able to support co.uk domain registrations. I saw an option for enabling this service for £1 a month.

I don't have a domain name at present, if I want to obtain my own domain and use it with Plusnet what is the procedure and what extra costs would be involved, ie. how much would it cost to obtain my own domain and register it ?

Any help here would be appreciated.

Regards

Al

ps:

I really like the portal stuff and Member Centre
it is really cool
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: domains

> I have just pre registered for the new 2mb adsl service which is due to go live on the 1st of May.
>
> I read that this account will be able to support co.uk domain registrations. I saw an option for enabling this service for £1 a month.
>
> I don't have a domain name at present, if I want to obtain my own domain and use it with Plusnet what is the procedure and what extra costs would be involved, ie. how much would it cost to obtain my own domain and register it ?
>
> Any help here would be appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Al
>
> ps:
>
> I really like the portal stuff and Member Centre
> it is really cool

Hi,

With many of our accounts we offer an included .co.uk domain free of charge or for an extra £1 per month. You can register a domain online via our website in the 'Domain names' section. If your account includes a domain then you will not be charged for this otherwise our current charges for .co.uk domains are £52.88 for 2 years registration and hosting.

The full details of what the 2MB account will include have yet to be confirmed however it is likely to include a domain name so you may wish to wait for the account to launch before registering a new domain.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

N/A

thanks for the quick reply plusnet!!!
Eserim
Rising Star

Mmm slightly different to the answer I got via a mail to Customer Support

"Dear Customer

On an ADSL account (eg. £22.99 home install account) you can host up to 3 domains free of charge on that account. Alll our accounts, bar the home surf(only 1) can host 3 domains free of charge.

Regards,
Jay Sheldon"

This answer is even better news especially as only 21 more people in the area I will be moving to need to register with BT, so by the time I get there I hope I'll be able to join the fun of Broadband.

CH

N/A

Hi CH,

I have edited your post slightly. Please do not post direct quotes from customer tickets, or agent names in the forums.

We are talking about two different things here - Domain Registration and Domain Hosting. Domain hosting applies to all domains registered elsewhere and transferred in to us. Domain registration applies to new domains (Both for registration and renewal) which are created and administered here.

I hope that clears it up!

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support