cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

domain

N/A

domain

hi
can plusnet C.S. please look at the state of play of our domain which is incoming to our account. name servers are changed - do i need to do anything more ?
cheers!!!
14 REPLIES
N/A

domain

If its co.uk you can check the progress

http://www.nominet.org.uk/index.html

On the left side type in the addy - if its pointing to plusnet you should be ok, normally takes 24hrs - to resolve correctly.
N/A

domain

afraid not, it's a .uk.com
N/A

domain

http://www.dnsstuff.com/

WHOIS Lookup Enter domain name (or IP) <-- enter it into that bit
N/A

domain

thanks. definately showing plusnet hosting the name servers, so should my domain stop saying awaiting confirmation from registrar ?
tech&billing is still with old provider - does this change automatically or do i need to do this ??
many thanks for help to date..
N/A

domain

It depends who is currently hosting your domain some automatically delete your account if you transfer away after a few days sometimes its always good to give a simple reminder.

I would maybe contact them after 2 days and ask them to cancel and double check to cover yourself, if everything is as you say it should be a painless transfer.
N/A

domain

is this normal ??:

Searching for argents.uk.com A record at h.root-servers.net [128.63.2.53]: Got referral to J.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. [took 9 ms]
Searching for XXXXXXXX A record at J.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. [192.48.79.30]: Got referral to ns0.centralnic.net. [took 188 ms]
Searching for XXXXXXXXX A record at ns0.centralnic.net. [213.146.149.169]: Got referral to ns2.force9.net. [took 77 ms]
Searching for XXXXXXXX A record at ns2.force9.net. [195.166.128.17]: Server failure! [took 101 ms].

I'm a bit alarmed the server failure??!!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

domain

Hi,

That's normal, it means that the records are now pointing correctly at our DNS servers, I've updated your ticket and the zonefile should be created within 4 hours.
N/A

domain

You'll find this until things all catch up dont be alarmed, eventually everything will filter out fine.

sit back and have a drink of coffee it should be up soon Cheesy
N/A

domain

thanks dave
all dns now looks right and we're also running smtp mail. some is coming in but not all yet - is this to be expected ? (nothing bouncing, just not arriving). also when fingering autoturn it's not tell me angthing - should'nt it give me number of email waiting ?

thanks.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

domain

Only if there is any email there for you. With a domain transfer there will be a period of time when it doesn't work as you want it to, but that's just the way it works.

You just need to give it some time to settle down and try again later on.
N/A

domain

cheers ben
as the domain is a .uk.com one, what do i now need to do to make plusnet the new admin/tech contacts ?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

domain

You need to contact the people you registered the domain with to do that, or centralnic.
N/A

domain

Ben
I've just spoken with the provider who we registered it with and they say "The new ISP needs to apply for the domain name, and once the transfer has taken place, the information will be automatically updated." Now I'm confused - is this going to occur anyway or do i need to do something ? - Sorry about this but we had another .com domain whereby this never happend and we did'nt get notified it had expired and it was taken back so just trying to make sure this done correctly.. Cry
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

domain

Hi,

There's no need to do anything now, everything's been done both our side and by your old host. It just needs a bit of time for everything to catch up and be visible around the world.

Unfortunately DNS is one of those slow moving things, you make a change and you have to wait several hours before it takes effect.