cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

domain transfer horror

N/A

domain transfer horror

Hi
Can somebody - anybody, from plusnet please resolve the DNS problems that occured in our domain transfer to plusnet. I've not had any response on our ticket for about 24hours - completely unacceptable when a domain has hashed up.... please, please please sort .....

thanks!!!
8 REPLIES
N/A

domain transfer horror

I will tell you what the comms team no doubt will

**Some problems take a little longer than others to resolve, and certain departments only work certain hours, the forums are not a means of 'speeding up' the support system**

I know that the department who deal with domains do not work weekends, and it is quite possible that they do not work evenings...

All of that said, I raised a ticket last friday regarding a domain name issue, and a mstill waiting for a proper response to it!
Community Veteran

domain transfer horror

If you post details of the domain name and the problem you are having here, maybe a member of the Forum Community can help? It could be something simple you've missed or maybe someone can atleast provide some insight into it.

Chris
N/A

domain transfer horror

cheers Chris.
We changed the ipstag of a .co.uk domain at the other provider and then started the process to bring the domain in to plusnet. It's now registered as hosted in the domains section, but all DNS/MX records still point to old provider (even name servers!). We are now in limbo and waiting for a response. Meanwhile our business is without email. I've been told a usual automated process has not worked, but the dept who look after this side seem very part time and shy - we are not too far off a week without resolution here - any response would be appreciated, even a 'we are looking into it' ....

rob
Highlighted
Community Veteran

domain transfer horror

Ah, I remember your post regarding this over the weekend. I don't understand how some of these go through smoothly and some don't. For a business this would be very frustrating I can imagine. Even once its sorted it can take upto 48 hours to fully propogate out to the rest of the Internet.

Hopefully a member of the Comms Team will again pick up on this issue tomorrow and see if they can chase it up. If they don't, don't be afraid to send one of them a private message if you have to.

Chris
N/A

domain transfer horror

rob, if the records are still pointing to your old servers, can't you use that until the transfer goes through properly?
N/A

domain transfer horror

assuming his old host is still hosting the DNS records, yes
N/A

domain transfer horror

We changed the ipstag of a .co.uk domain at the other provider and then started the process to bring the domain in to plusnet. It's now registered as hosted in the domains section, but all DNS/MX records still point to old provider (even name servers!)

I had this problem and after raising a ticket I was told to put the DNS in as follows:

First one = ns1.force9.net
Second one = ns2.force9.net

And not as below:

First one = ns1.force9.net 195.166.128.16
Second one = ns2.force9.net 195.166.128.17

I'm not sure if the difficulty you are experiencing is the same as mine was, but worth a try.
N/A

domain transfer horror

Well, it's now nearly a week with no response of any use from Plusnet over ticket 18089742. All records still point to the old prover so I'm assuming I'm not even authorised at this point to make any DNS changes manually as suggested. Please Plusnet, let me know what's going on as this is proving very embarrasing as we recommended you!