cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

domain registration..

N/A

domain registration..

hello
how long should it take to register a .co.uk domain name?
reason for asking is mine has taken 48 hours so far and it's still waiting for the regisrar - is the regisrar about of have they gone home?
thanks
7 REPLIES
Eserim
Rising Star

domain registration..

this seems to be a common complaint of late, re-raise your ticket, I did with a recent domain and things were sorted almost straight away.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

domain registration..

Hi,

It can take up to 72 hours, although is normally quicker. I've checked it for you and the registration has been confirmed so I've activated it for you. Should take about 4 hours to build the records on our DNS server.
Sproglet
Grafter

domain registration..

I've been hearing murmours that the Nominet Automaton hasn't been sending out the responses to registrations/changes in a timely manner.
A couple of years back when I was working in a company registering 500,000 domains a year we were getting the responses back in 1-2 minutes so no idea what the delay is now.

The moment the PGP mail is recieved by the automaton the domain is allocated but it can take up to 10 hrs before nominet's master domain servers show it.

I _suppose_ 72 hrs is possible but I've never seen anywhere near that unless a request gets lost.
N/A

domain registration..

cheers dave. seems ok now.
N/A

domain registration..

spoke too soon - apart from the email which bounces but i've raised a ticket..
Ben_Brown
Grafter

domain registration..

Hi there,

I've refreshed your mail componant which should sort out the email problem in about 30 minutes or so.
N/A

Long delay

I too have the same problem. I wasn't sure how long it would take to register, but thought, maybe two days, but I have been waiting for confirmation now for over a week. This does seem too long.