cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does plus.net want to keep it's customers

N/A

I have been a loyal customer of plus.net since it started, and even before then

Over the last few months, with the large number of plus.net problems around infrastructure and support, I have raised a number of tickets and all have been returned asking for me to report an actual problem.

Look at the problems and issues that have come out over the last few months. what more can I say.

We are the customers, and expecting a service. It's not 'the customer' who is failing to provide a stable consistent service all ALL customers. i.e. there are still NON LLU customers who still expect the same service.

I have to tried to informally raise my concerns, but all I get is typical 'service' responses from CSC. What's your problem ? I don't have a problem - plus.net does !!!!!!
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Hi

In your statment, "I have been a loyal customer of plus.net since it started".
You then go on to say "and even before then". :? Huh? I'm confused by this!

I'm also confused by the rest of your post to be honest.
What are you trying to say? Could you be more specific please?
N/A

i believe he is stating the service has gone down the pan, with usual response of "we are aware of connection problems, but its tiscalis/hardwares/man in the moons fault" from plus net, and they he expects the service to work like it did all that time ago, i agree and ive only been a customer a year and a bit, last 2 months have been a joke
N/A

Yes it wants to keep the customers that just surf the net and do nothing more.....The ones that use 500mb a month preferably...
Community Veteran

:roll: It's not so long ago I used 100GB.

I know there are probs, but to suggest that they actively want peeps to experience poor service and various probs, is silly imo.
Grimbo
Grafter

In your statment, "I have been a loyal customer of plus.net since it started".
You then go on to say "and even before then". :? Huh? I'm confused by this!

I have been with Force9 since September 1998, then they moved me to Plusnet when I went to ISDN in 2000

Maybe Stringer is the same... Force9 is essentially the same company, but existed before "Plusnet".
Community Veteran

Ah! I see! Thx.
Community Veteran

And if you go back even further in time you will find freeonline who I initialy signed up with on a payg account after ditching BT's efforts at the internet. Tongue
N/A

yep that's correct - before plus.net I was with force9, and before force9 I was with the previous company.

at want point I would say I was a loyal customer to plus.net, but not anymore.

my comments last night all referred to the 'future' that plus.net appears to be taking - LLU with Tiscali (rubbish company), and shaping the traffic so much that all you can do is browse the internet and read email (when you can get connected to the mail servers).
Grimbo
Grafter

Well as I mentioned, I've been with Plusnet since September 1998 and the only thing keeping me here is the hassle of changing the domains I have registered with Plusnet and the weeks downtime involved with changing.

I remember a time (only 2 or 3 years ago) when you could phone Sheffield and speak to an engineer day or night and have a problem fixed immediately!

The recent problems with the LLU downgrade and the torrent of email problems have turned my perception Plusnet from an outstanding company to something like the Keystone Cops in a remarkably short time!
N/A

its a shame, the quailty of the product and service at plusnet had really gone down. i have allready asked to cancel my account.
N/A

It's not so long ago I used 100GB.

135 and counting Wink
Community Veteran

N/A

Its off peak!
*points at random plusnet employee* HEEE SAID IT WOULD BE OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!! Wink

(Note: i could of said "she" and i would like to apologise to any women working at P.Net that feel i was excluding them from my childish pointing moment)

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Increased the font size of the note to make it readable. Smiley

Users Note by James (mourby) I LIKE MY FONT SIZE DAGNABBIT!! Wink
N/A

I have long wondered the same thing, it seems that they are bleeding customers like a pig in the slaughterhouse.

For an insight into what is thought at Plusnet Towers have a read this,

https://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45793&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Also covered here

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45946&highlight=marco

and here

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45769&highlight=marco

and here

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48965&highlight=marco

I was on ADSLGuide once and they referred to him as "Mad Marco". Although he says he was venting against people who are not plusnet customers, but as most customers felt the same way it did not go down too well.

Ian did try to help explain the issue Marco was trying to raise:

https://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=338786&highlight=#338786

BUT it was not enough really.

The fact is Plusnet is stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. The BT MaxDSL is a fiasco and should be reported to OFCOM but they have their head so far up their own backsides it is unlikely that they will do anything.

Meanwhile new people get affected everyday and come on here and bleat.

If you look at Talk Talk they are very open about their mistakes. Their MD has a BLOG that shows the pain they have been through and what they have done about it:

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/servlet/gben-server-PageServer?article=MAIN.UK.TALKTALK.STATIC.BL...

The difference is that Talk Talk have 340,000 new customers and so can afford to increase call centre staff to 2300+ while Plusnet is desperately trying to keep onto the 200,000 or so it already has.

However it has employed some new people including former moderators of this forum.

As I have said too many times, Plusnet's biggest problem is that is lousy at communications and so often appears arrogant despite the hard work of a dedicated team.

Considering the competitive pressure from Talk Talk and Sky I think Plusnet is doing quite well. However, it is relying on a lot of good will from customers and it could change very quickly if things do not get better.

I was put off from jumping on the Talk Talk bandwagon mainly because of their 18 month minimum term. However, I am only a hearbeat away from putting it on my second line as it would not cost me any more than I am paying now. If nothing else it would give me a backup and an extra 40gb allowance (20x my Plusnet allowance).