cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does BT have a customer services dept?

kevchalluk
Grafter

I really want to speak to someone regarding a fault at my exchange which means i've been offline for 2 weeks now - do they have a customer services dept for joe public, or do they only deal with ISPs directly? If they do, does anyone have the number?

Three supposed fix dates over the last 14 days have come and gone and I want to find out what the bloody hell is going on with it.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

If the fault relates to the voice side of your phone line then calling BT on 150 is the only option. If it relates to ADSL then there is no one which we end users can phone. BT Wholesale will only speak with their customers, isp's.
kevchalluk
Grafter

it's ADSL - so yeah, I thought as much.

does BT have no legal obligation to ISPs to fix faults within a certain time frame? I find it incredible that something can take 2 weeks or more to fix while I'm still being charged for the service by PlusNet and losing money cos my girlfriend is unable to work from home.
N/A

In short. No. There is no Service Level Agreement offered by BTw to ISP's for our type of product. Basically its a best effort scenario.

However, not all faults turn out to be simple. Some may require roads being dug up or other extensive work and may require permission from third parties or careful planning.

Ultimately BT will work to the pace which they can manage and which suits them. PN and other ISP's can push and shout, but BTw/Openreach will work to their own masterplan.
kevchalluk
Grafter

well thanks for that ray of sunshine!!

:lol:
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Once you're back up and running though, if you ask PlusNet nicely, they may move your billing date, so compensate you for the cost that you've paid them while you've been down.

Phil
kevchalluk
Grafter

James has already mentioned this to me, but it's the inconvenience and the fact my girlfriend can't work without a broadband connection that's more annoying!