cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do i phone bt

N/A

do i phone bt

hi recieved an e-mail from plusnet yesterday saying they would be checking my line for regrade but this morning i have no home phone should i wait to see what happens or phone bt
10 REPLIES
N/A

do i phone bt

Regrades may sometimes take your line out for a few minutes, but it it's anything longer than half an hour then there could be a problem. It may be worth contacting PlusNet, although by the time you get a response it will probably be resolved.
James
Grafter

do i phone bt

Hi there,

It may well be an idea to give BT a shout. I've run a check on your telephone line from this end, and it shows ADSL as being down because of a BT Fault (no surprise there). Try plugging a phone into your master socket via a filter, and if you're still not getting a dialtone, give BT a shout on 150.
Community Veteran

do i phone bt

If you cant get a phoneline then 150 will be useless!

Try The BT Online fault reporting system
James
Grafter

do i phone bt

Valid point, well made! Cheesy

0800 800150 should do the job (assuming that the original poster is at work.
N/A

do i phone bt

line is back on thanks but dtill same speeds Cry
James
Grafter

do i phone bt

From what you said, we were going to check to see if your line was capable of faster speeds, rather than upgrade you, or am I mistaken?
N/A

do i phone bt

have a look on
http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ .But give it a while so that any updates for today can get done this will then tell you if your exchange is A in the proces of being upgraded or Bhas been done and is showing as such ,this could more than likely be the reason you lost your line .to be honest why they don't do this over night I dont know
James
Grafter

do i phone bt

The information that I am getting from my line check would suggest that your line is suitable for a 1mbps speed. The BT Wholesale database also appears to agree with that statement. I'll try to get the regrade pushed through.
James
Grafter

do i phone bt

Your line should be regraded to 1mbps tomorrow.
N/A

REALLY

Thankyou :lol: