cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disconnected

N/A

disconnected

like most of the people browsing this forum, i too am well into my third week without a connection. the slow dance of tickets being answered are, without question, lacking any conclusive explanation of the issue, to the point where my last ticket response was 'check your hardware' something requested twice before in the lifetime of the ticket. things are just going round in circles. my hardware is functioning, it just doesn't detect an dsl signal. how hard can it be to diagnose the cause of the fault? is my broadband even activated.
is anyone else having/resolved a similar issue, with or without the help of pn?

/rant over
5 REPLIES
N/A

disconnected

so ticalii uses LLU and i dont yet have a connection, could this be because BT has not unbundled me yet?Huh
N/A

disconnected

Have you tried a different router and the test socket behind the NTE5 faceplate, or the master socket if you don't have an NTE5?
N/A

disconnected

yea, i've tried a different modem/router, no joy. i even confirmed my hardware works by testing it on a different line (another plusnet account) and it functions correctly. i'm not sure i have a NTE5 faceplate (will google it) i tested it directly in the master socket.
N/A

disconnected

NTE5 faceplates have a small section at the bottom which can be removed to reveal another socket.
All extensions within a house should run from this removeable section, either wired into the back, or plugged in the front.
Removing the small section and using the test socket behind it, disconnects all extensions in the house, and means you are just testing the actual line.
That way you can see if there is something internal to your house causing an issue.
If you still have problems, and you've eliminated a hardware fault, you know it has to be a BTW/PN/Tiscali issue, all of which have to be processed for resolution by PN.
N/A

disconnected

great, thanks for the info
/me gets my screwdriver ready