cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disconnected and ruined my score!!

N/A

Rant mode on

There I was flying along with my squad just about to enter a good old furball when bang the connection disconnected!!
The modem redialled and boosh my plane was in bits!!

I now have -75 points to my name in our global online competition
And I just recently upgraded my account to connect standard!!!!!!!

Thanks

Rant mode off

Tech support can check if they want. I was reconnected at 22:51 I think
7 REPLIES
Ianwild
Grafter

Your Radius details show: 22:49 11/Dec/2003 static IP (Lost carrier). Which means that we didn't disconnect you, but we lost your signal. This could be anything, from a BT network problem, noise on your line or your Modem drivers having a panic. It's the nature of dialup I'm afraid.

Have you considered DSL, for all your gaming needs?

Regards,

Ian
N/A

For the same price you can get PlusNet's new product: DSL Connect. The best part about it is: it's always on, no disconnections.
N/A

Thanks for the replies

I would get ADSL but I am going to be moving house next year and think this could be troublesome in changing location RE installation etc thats why I only upgraded to connect standard, or am I wrong?

If its quick and easy to change the ADSL location then I would probably upgrade again.

Thanks

Rod
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi Rod,

At the moment it is pretty easy to change ADSL Location, but it costs £55 + VAT. In the next few months BT will be introducing a facility to move your ADSL when you move your BT account location, but I have no idea at this stage how much that will cost...

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the info. I think I will wait until we move to get ADSL.

Rod
N/A

Cheesy Yes DSL is great for gaming, and other than the cost, moving house shouldn't be an issue if you sign up now.

But ... you can still get the same sort of disconnects now and then - I was sailing along tonight when I got booted out (bang on midnight so I suspect it wasn't my problem) . Took me 5 minutes to regain connectivity so no game to rejoin even.

No big deal but just a reminder that DSL isn't perfect, just a lot better Cool
N/A

<snip>Yes DSL is great for gaming<snip>

I'd qualify that with "for most people". There are quite a few like me who regularly have numerous dropped connections just for a few seconds but for whom it doesn't matter because we're not gaming. My connection has dropped and re-connected whilst I was typing this but the effect for me was zero.