Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disconections without losing sync

ady
Grafter

hey

well today i find it hard to actually sign in, like pause when "verfying username and password"

then when i do connect i have had about 10 disconencts today, without losing synch

any idea's ?
25 REPLIES
N/A

No ideas, but suffering the same problem today.....keeping synch but no connection for long periods.
Just 1 thing after another .....
N/A

Are you in LLU by any chance? It's probably a problem between the exchange and plusnet.
N/A

I doubt it'll make a difference, but try dialling 17070 and pressing option 2 when prompted.
ady
Grafter

what does that do ?

and im not an LLU customer, to my knowledge
N/A

I only found out about it a couple of hours ago (on here) but it's a BT "quiet line" test.

I had sync but no connection, and had read earlier today that someone had the same, called that, did the test, and their connection came back up. I did the same, and so did mine.
N/A

my sync and login had been bad for a few days - but CSC has ignored by 'ticket'
N/A

I am not LLU and from about 8pm until now I've been sync'd with no connections. Plusnet test user, bt test user, and bt speedtest user logins all connected fine.

No plusnet announcement about problems. Hmmmm.
N/A

Well, every other server has fell over so maybe it's time for the radius one to throw its toys out?

To people who don't know what a radius server is, it receives your username and password and says whether or not you are allowed access, as well as recording the date and time of all your logins and authentication failures (ie, wrong password).
ady
Grafter

:S for past year or so, it has been normal for me to press connect twice before it will connect, its comes 2nd nature to me. any1 else do this ?
Azagoth
Grafter

any1 else do this ?

Oh yes! For at least the last year, the same as you! Nowaday's though it's taking at least 5 or 6 times to connect.
aeroalfie
Grafter

I changed settings to re-dial because i was sick of clicking connect - been like that for a good while. Sad
N/A

Well, every other server has fell over so maybe it's time for the radius one to throw its toys out?

To people who don't know what a radius server is, it receives your username and password and says whether or not you are allowed access, as well as recording the date and time of all your logins and authentication failures (ie, wrong password).

I was synced but refused access (errored out at login) from about midnight last night until and hour or so ago. So I think you may be correct.

No reports of problems from PN, natch.
N/A

illegal89 wrote:
any1 else do this ?

azagoth wrote:
Oh yes! For at least the last year, the same as you! Nowaday's though it's taking at least 5 or 6 times to connect.

I have to do that as well! its really annoying because one day it might connect after the first time, other days it will take up to 15 mins. Is there no way that the router just connects automatically when you turn your computer on?
Community Veteran

try changing your dns settings.

I lost the net last night and after changing dns got limited access back. If the dns is down then it appears to affect connections. I was sync'd but no net connection as the dns server was gubbed and still is.

alternate dns servers

A