cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

did anyone else sign up for unlimited broadband

N/A

did anyone else believe that they had signed up for unlimited broadband?
21 REPLIES
thecookhouse
Grafter

Yes. I am on BB+ and the way it was marketed was as an unlimited service. There are plenty of people who come on here and dispute this but that doesn't alter the truth. I only wish i had copied the account information when I joined - but then I didn't know I would need it - I naively expected +Net to honour the contract I had agreed.
N/A

lilafels,

With the greatest respect, the packages have not been advertised as unlimited for well over a year prior to your joining Plusnet.
The only thing that springs to mind is the badly worded BB+ package and even then I am unsure of when the wording was amended.

This forum has been through the debate of unlimited packages time and time again and I dare say most users will by now have understood the viewpoint and stance by Plusnet. Basically all those that signed up in EARLY 2004 did sign up to unlimited but have since had new contracts applied ( please note by not responding to plusnet to disagree witha contract change is a sign of accepting the new terms ) to their accounts ( well 3 new contracts, or was that 2? Pass ).

Regards,
N/A

I naively expected +Net to honour the contract I had agreed.

i'm sure you didn't sign a 2 1/2 year contract, times change

cheap unlimited broadband no longer exists
N/A

the service i signed up for (which no longer seem to exist) was an upto 2 meg unlimited service. whilst i was on holiday my connection was changed to an upto 8 meg service with caps. this was done without my knowledge or conscent which i do not believe is legal for you to do. you still continue i might add to supply me only a one meg service.
i wish to fine out weather you have cheated other people in the same way and if so will take further action.
docrobster
Grafter

good luck with that one then :roll:
N/A

the service i signed up for (which no longer seem to exist) was an upto 2 meg unlimited service.

when did you sign up?

If it was January of this year then it certainly wasn't an unlimited service you signed up to, you may of thought it was....but it wasn't

plusnet have had caps for over a year!
jagger
Grafter

Just by-the-by lilafels,

but most of us in here are just customers like you unless otherwise stated on our signatures.If you want a response directly from Plusnet you'll need to use "contact us" on the portal.

And yes I did sign up to an unlimitedservice in 2002.But various changes to the Terms and Conditions have meant that I too am throttled to 10 meg in prime time.If I had disagreed with these changes and refused to accept the terms my connection would have been terminated.

You are the umpteenth disgruntled customer threatening legal action.As far as I know, not a single threat has been followed through nor resolved to the satisfaction of the complainee.

You are,of course,fully entitled to engage legal representation and have a go in which case the very best of British to you.
ceridwen
Grafter

With the greatest respect, the packages have not been advertised as unlimited for well over a year prior to your joining Plusnet.
The only thing that springs to mind is the badly worded BB+ package and even then I am unsure of when the wording was amended.

BB+ has never been advertised as "unlimited" - i.e. that word has never been used in the product description. However, likewise until recently it was never described as "limited" or "capped" either.

The only limit in te original description was that p2p/downloading traffic might be heavily managed at peak times, sometime later gaming traffic was also added as being heavily managed at peak times.

Many took the absence of any explicit mention of limits at off peak times (for any traffic) or for non-p2p/gaming taffic at peak times to mean that there were no limits.

Matthew
N/A

reply to jagger
thanks for your comments
that is precisely why i am trying to fine out if i am a solo digruntled fool or if there is a corner worth fighting.....
N/A

I dont think anyone is saying your a fool, just saying that when you signed up ?Jan 2006? you could not have seen anything on the site that said unlimited, that changed QUITE some time back.

You may find other ISP's out there offering unlimited service, I did today actually, one for £39.99 a month unlimited..BUUUUUUT!!, in the carefully worded small print at the bottom of the page, it still mentions FUP, which they could clamp on you.

If you do wish to take legal action I will echo a fellow poster here "best of british" to you my friend, i think few have tried, and none have suceeded
shellsong
Grafter

No they haven't-- it just seems like it! They started their main attack on heavy downloaders last August when they told people who had been exceeding the unpublished limit of 150GB/month that they had 14 days to foreswear their evil ways or never darken the PlusNet Centrals again!

A month later they simultaneously introduced the SUP and told those of us who had unknowingly been exceeding its provisions in the previous 2 or 3 months when it didn't exist that we were being placed under management for the next month or two unless we promised to be good little children and never do it again-- this without even the 14 days grace the really heavy downloaders had been given! I, on behalf of my family, along with others who were incensed by this heavy handed action of dubious legality, refused and were punished with two months of restricted internet access Evil

Since then PlusNet's restrictions on everyone on their network has made our "punishment" seem like a picnic in the park-- you begin to see how a frog can be gradually be boiled to death without jumping out of the pot!

I understand that there was a prior event hosted by PlusNet when they incarcerated a group of what they deemed to be heavy downloaders in the same narrow "pipe" and let them "contend" with one another for bandwidth-- I bet the person who dreamt that one up liked to pull the wings off flies and burn ants with a magnifying glass when they were a kid! :roll:
N/A

No they haven't-- it just seems like it!

I thought the first FUP was published in april 2005, that is over a year ago
ID
Grafter

the service i signed up for (which no longer seem to exist) was an upto 2 meg unlimited service. whilst i was on holiday my connection was changed to an upto 8 meg service with caps. this was done without my knowledge or conscent which i do not believe is legal for you to do. you still continue i might add to supply me only a one meg service.
i wish to fine out weather you have cheated other people in the same way and if so will take further action.

As said previously, companies like Plusnet have get-out clauses up to there ar...........mpits Wink
I wouldnt put yourself under the needless stress.
shellsong
Grafter

I thought the first FUP was published in april 2005, that is over a year ago

It was cancelled before implementation!