cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deletion of web site no warning

ukbrown
Grafter

Made some changes to my web site, checked the usage stats 25MB below the 250 MB limit.

Go to look at it this morning and it has been deleted. No warning e-mails or anything.

This is just great customer service NOT
15 REPLIES
N/A

There have been many postings about this in the past, and to be honest, I am surprised nothing has yet been done about it. To add insult to injury, you have to raise a ticket, grovel and say how naughty you have been and that you won't do it again.

No email notification? Well it is value added after all!!!!!!!!

Mark
Marteknet
Grafter

They don't give a S*** they just want your cash.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there

Your website will be restored shortly. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards
Mand
ukbrown
Grafter

Thanks for your help, will get it tidied up tonight. Been playing with jalbum for photos very good.

Cheers
N/A

Hello Mand,

Frankly this behaviour is unacceptible by F9 and your action smacks of horse having bolted and door flapping in the wind!!! WHY MAND HASNT F9 SORTED THIS OUT BY NOW!!

**F9 have known about this issue for ages, months & months, why hasnt a limit been set with a trigger associated with it & a simple email warning sent to the user in time to take action. No! sorry! its utterly disgraceful. Websites shouldnt have to be restored in the first place, see how you (F9) create more work for yourselves by this situation.

**F9 should'nt be offering website space if there NOT prepared to FULLY support it, value added or not.

Ivan
N/A

No email notification? Well it is value added after all!!!!!!!!

Not so, it is marketed as a "FEATURE" of the Brodband packages, and BTW there is no mention of these features being unsupported on the product feature listing.

F9/PN is OK for hosting a hobbyist site, anything above that, then a hosting package from a third party is the way to go.

With shared hosting prices as low as 3 bucks a month for 15 x the monthly bandwidth, 20 x the space plus all the extras, they just cannot compete. Hell, it's worth it just to be able to put your html and scripts on the same server.

Moved my site over a year ago, after the same experience, so not much has changed.
astarsolutions
Grafter

F9/PN is OK for hosting a hobbyist site, anything above that, then a hosting package from a third party is the way to go.

I totally agree I wouldn't dream of using F9 for anything remotely important.

Why are web sites being deleted anyway, is that what happens when you reach the web space limit?
N/A

Hi Arthur,

you are absolutely correct .... the bandwidth limit, for some obscure reason, is assigned each day (250Mb for Premier accounts IIRC). As soon as you are over this limit, your website has gone.

However, you do get a nice email telling you it has been archived, and what you must do to retrieve it Cheesy along with several others from miffed visitors Evil
ed
Grafter

I keep most of my hosting on 1 and 1.
2Gb for about £7.99 (more space if you host in the USA!)
Their domain names are way cheaper, infact it pays for its self when you concider the cost of hosting your domain names at F9.

F9 you realy need to sort out your DNS hosting prices noone has charged that much since the new millenium started :O

Oh and 1 and 1 switch you off too without communication, its not just an f9 thing, my site was down for 3 days because my credit card expired and noone there bothered to contact me :/
astarsolutions
Grafter

the bandwidth limit, for some obscure reason, is assigned each day (250Mb for Premier accounts IIRC).

Do you mean the amount of disk space the site uses or the bandwidth the website has for visitors viewing it?

As soon as you are over this limit, your website has gone.

So they remove it and visitors get a not found error?
N/A

Do you mean the amount of disk space the site uses or the bandwidth the website has for visitors viewing it?

It's the bandwidth; if visitors to your site pull over 250Mb in a 24 hour period then your site is liable to be pulled.
So they remove it and visitors get a not found error?

Not quite as drastic, there's a generic F9 index page stating the website is no longer available.
N/A

I keep most of my hosting on 1 and 1.
2Gb for about £7.99 (more space if you host in the USA!)

Using a company in the US...

100Gb Bandwidth / 5Gb space / £1.61 per month
125Gb Bandwidth / 10Gb space / £2.15 per month

Cool
ed
Grafter

1and1.com from $2.99
but I like this one
$9.99 aprox £7.50
3 domain names
100 GB web space
2000 e-mail accounts
1000 GB traffic
Marteknet
Grafter

Why are web sites being deleted anyway, is that what happens when you reach the web space limit?

The contents are deleted, as I found to my cost. I had my sites deleted a while back through no fault of my own, there was an error in the routines at Force9 that report the web space usage. It took days to get Force9 to agree that my web space usage was within the allowed limit, even then it took a few phone called and a day or two wait to have the problem sorted so I could upload the web sites again. They didn't even archive them.