cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data transfer Watch Problem??

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I am on PAYG £14.99 2Gb package. I have my data transfer watch set to 14.99, so if I go over my 2gb limit, then I have the option of paying for extra useage or not. I have gone slightly over my 2Gb this month, but seeing as I only had 3 days left before my next billing month I was not going to pay for more, and assumed the data transfer watch would stop my browsing and redirect me to a page that would let me buy more useage. ( I am sure I rwad somewhere this is what happened). However!!!!! I find I have been automatically charged for an Extra 2Gb that I did not want. Can anyione explain why this has happened, as it pi***** me off a little. If the data transfer watch does not do something to let you know you are approacing your pre-paid limit, or whatever your limit is, whats the use of itHuh
3 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

Are you currently connected on RIN? If so the Data Transfer Watch will not work as you expect, this was detailed in the original email we sent you regarding the RIN trial.

I appreciate that it does not seem a very intuitive process, however to get the Data Transfer Watch working as it should you would need to be connecting to our network using your usual @plusdsl username.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Hi mand

Thanks for the reply, yes, I am connected via the RIN at the min. TBH, I had completely forgot regards the data tranfer watch and RIN Shockedops: Shockedops:

I will now walk away and hang my head in shame.
Mand
Grafter

No worries, it's easy to forget with all the changes that have been made recently.

If we make the RIN trial a little less trial like Smiley, we will be working on the Data Transfer Watch to make it compatible but until the decisions are made there was little point spending development time on it to be honest (the stats at the time were pretty surprising, out of all PAYG customers only around 800 used DTW within the last 6 months).