cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer service stats

joncooper
Grafter

customer service stats

where do they get their figures from? anyone know?

the portal says Current Average Time 3 hours, 50 minutes

maybe I should be apologising for messing up the stats, since my ticket is now 168 hours and 19 minutes old there must be loads getting resolved in an hour or two.
18 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

customer service stats

The ticket response time is calculated each morning based on the tickets in the system the previous day.

If a ticket is answered and returned back to you then that time is taken into the calculation, if you then reply to it, the clock starts again from when you reply rather than when you originally raised the ticket.
Community Veteran

customer service stats

So surely it should say reply time not closure time?
joncooper
Grafter

customer service stats

so, you're suggesting that, since I've had a reply (yesterday), the ticket is only 23.5 hours old even though it's unresolved ?
Community Veteran

customer service stats

I think so, I guess they go by the reply rather than resolution time. They should really amend the pages to say this It won't take two minutes.
Julie
Grafter

customer service stats

Sorry Dave but where do these stats help in my case?
They said 11 hours when I posted my ticket now they say 3... and that was 2 days ago??
I am still waiting a reply nothing has been actioned

The stats are pretty useless in this case Sad
I am not rushed for a reply my problem is not urgent, however I think your statistics need sorting Smiley
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

customer service stats

so, you're suggesting that, since I've had a reply (yesterday), the ticket is only 23.5 hours old even though it's unresolved ?

If that's when you sent it back to us, then yes. If you raised a ticket and we replied in say 8 hours, you then reply with another question 5 days later it doesn't make sense to start the clock again from the time you reply rather than the time you originally raised the ticket because otherwise we are including time the ticket is with the customer and maybe time it took to answer a completely unrelated question.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

customer service stats

I think so, I guess they go by the reply rather than resolution time. They should really amend the pages to say this It won't take two minutes.

Probably more like 2 hours. We never work direct on the live site, any changes need to be done first on alpha, then rolled to the beta and gamma platforms first and tested before they can be rolled out to live.

If we just changed it on live then the next time a change is made to that page it would be overwritten.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

customer service stats

The stats are just a guide as to how quickly we closed tickets the day before, unfortunately there will nearly always be tickets that take longer than the average because of the way the ticket system works.

When you, ourselves, or the system raises a ticket it will go into one of probably 20 or more ticket pools. Some pools like the CSC pool will have more tickets than others, and some pools are the responsibility of different people, e.g. the network pool for network service, and the BOT pools for the broadband operations team.

So what could happen is that the BOT and network pools could be ticking over with really quick responses whereas the CSC pool isn't, but this could see a low average.
Community Veteran

customer service stats

Probably more like 2 hours. We never work direct on the live site, any changes need to be done first on alpha, then rolled to the beta and gamma platforms first and tested before they can be rolled out to live.

If we just changed it on live then the next time a change is made to that page it would be overwritten.

2 Hours to do a 2 minute job :shock:

I can understand doing alpha/beta etc but still two hours :shock:

Anyway thanks ;-)
Julie
Grafter

customer service stats

The stats are just a guide as to how quickly we closed tickets the day before, unfortunately there will nearly always be tickets that take longer than the average because of the way the ticket system works.

Ok Dave thanks, appreciate the reply Smiley
The statistics can be misleading for customers who still have tickets open without any reply, especially when they have been open much longer than the Current time stated.
joncooper
Grafter

customer service stats

thanks Dave T - it took over a week to get a satisfactory response, with no information requested that wasn't in the original ticket, but it is resolved now. Cheesy

Overall I'm fairly happy with Plus.net but I do think CS could do with a shake-up.
cassuki
Rising Star

customer service stats

In that case, there should be a separate figure for each 'pool'. At least then customers with open tickets would have a more realistic idea of how long it will be before they get a response. Being left with no response for a long time is very frustrating when it looks as if others are having their queries sorted very quickly.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

customer service stats

It's an idea, but only problem I can see is that not every pool is monitored 24/7. For example, the network pool is only looked at 9am - 6pm Monday to Friday. So at 6:15pm on Friday the average answer time could show as a couple of hours, but a ticket raised at that time might not be looked at for 63 hours.
Community Veteran

customer service stats

Then on the pools that are only office hours just put a little note explaining this.