cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cs staff pick and choose

N/A

cs staff pick and choose

i notice plusnet staff come and go on here answer the odd question or make a smart response to others..... but dont tackle important issues ..such as the disappearing... not delivered...returned ... OUTGOING email.... Evil
29 REPLIES
James
Grafter

cs staff pick and choose

Hi there,

We are a finite resource and try and do as much as we can.

What exactly are you referring to? Your statement confused me somewhat.
Fixes: 115

cs staff pick and choose

I get the impression that some emails he has sent have gone missing, as have some of mine.

There seems to be a large black hole within Plus Net's servers that needs attention Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

N/A

cs staff pick and choose

there is a thread or 2 in this forum on the subject of outgoing mail.....you know mail we send to other people in this country and around the world... and for the last 2 or 3 weeks has not been working proper...... for myself i have a ongoing question to which is not being resolved...

1. mail is sent and received other end.
2. mail is sent but not received other end.
3. mail is sent but comes back from a isp..in my case returned from ..comcast.net in the states... marked as blacklisted ...!!

i have emailed comcast...
my friend has emailed their own isp (comcast.)
plusnet say they have emailed comcast as per the question..
Question topic: Your question | ID: 19838200

all this appears to not work...as each time it comes back with a diff server i.p....... so plusnet must be causing this problem....

and as stated there is a topic on this..with others having same problem with other isps they send too.........

will plusnet sort this matter out.........?

James
Grafter

cs staff pick and choose

Ok. We appear to being blacklisted by Comcast. We have tried contacting them, and I've just got one of the network guys to chase this now.
Laugh
Grafter

cs staff pick and choose

You won't be able to contact them - they've blacklisted you :?

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of receding post removed as per the Link:rules
James
Grafter

cs staff pick and choose

Wink

They haven't reponded. We're trying again.
N/A

cs staff pick and choose

waiting on the sideline..thanks for updates..james..

they are a big company... not a micky mouse... so should be available for plusnet to talk to....
James
Grafter

cs staff pick and choose

Ok - We've just heard back and they have said that our IP Addresses are no longer blacklisted.

Can you try again?
N/A

cs staff pick and choose

ok james will try again......

does that mean all server ips are clear now or will it crop up again....?
James
Grafter

cs staff pick and choose

Should be clear according to them.
N/A

cs staff pick and choose

well i sent a test from here and nothing back yet...will have to wait for my friend to get home in an hour or 2 to see if received it.....
fingers crossed now james for next day or 2... Cheesy
N/A

cs staff pick and choose

I solved this problem myself by downloading MailEnable - it basically turns your own PC into your own mail server. Since we have a static IP address and both forward and reverse dns, I think this should work fine (and certainly, it has been working for me for the past month or so).

This also gives the added advantage of knowing your email has reached its destination, rather than just the ISP.

Just make sure you use a firewall to stop other people from using your mail server!
N/A

cs staff pick and choose

well i hope my problem is resolved now... but thanks for the info will bear the prog in mind if problem continues... Smiley
N/A

cs staff pick and choose

problem is not resolved..... 3 out of 4 mails failed to get to my friend.... my question is still waiting to be resolved....
if all plusnet is doing is sending email to comcast.. its doing no good they need to do more... if an isp is rejecting plusnet mail......something is very wrong.... WHY was it all ok 3 weeks ago but not now.......?