cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cost for transferring to payg

N/A

Right, so BB+ is screwed. Plusnet know the reason for the problem, have a document (written a story about it) but don't have a timescale for a solution.

So I'm looking to transfer either to PAYG or out of Plusnet altogether.

I followed the links on the Plusnet site to transfer to PAYG and text said there maybe an additional cost, when following that link it was a page not found. Does anything work around here?

So how much will it cost, if anything to go from BB+ to PAYG and the if BB+ is ever fixed back to it again?

All answers gratefully received.
18 REPLIES
N/A

So how much will it cost, if anything to go from BB+ to PAYG and the if BB+ is ever fixed back to it again?

Ideally nothing...

You may get differing replies though. Smiley
Zathras
Grafter

It shouldnt cost anything to go BB+ to payg as theyre same base price, you might want extra GB tho. If you wanted to go back in theory it would cost £14.99 but they seem to be waiving that atm .
N/A

Thanks for the answers.

I'll try a change to PAYG then. I can't put up with BB+ any longer. If PAYG still sucks, I'll leave.

I've swapped to PAYG. Says it'll take 5-7 days. I hope it doesn't take that long, I want broadband speeds now. Not dialup BB+ speeds for another week,
N/A

...Says it'll take 5-7 days. I hope it doesn't take that long, I want broadband speeds now. Not dialup BB+ speeds for another week,

I see no other reason why it should take 5-7 days to transfer you from one account to another except that perhaps BTplus customer support isn't up to strength.
Zathras
Grafter

Took less than an hour earlier today, but its getting late now.
Community Veteran

...Says it'll take 5-7 days. I hope it doesn't take that long, I want broadband speeds now. Not dialup BB+ speeds for another week,

I see no other reason why it should take 5-7 days to transfer you from one account to another except that perhaps BTplus customer support isn't up to strength.

AFAIK and I may be wrong here it's automated within workplace. I think the 5-7 days is just a standard thing...
Zathras
Grafter

it's automated within workplace

Also called James :lol:
N/A

Also called James

Relying on an over worked member of BTplus comms to accelerate a change over can't be the way forward surely; what if he's away for a week? Wink

I think the 5-7 days is just a standard thing...

If that is true then it could be simplified so that it becomes an instant change over, couldn't it?
N/A

Mine was done in less than 20 mins including a disconnection and reconnection.
Liam
Grafter

I've swapped to PAYG. Says it'll take 5-7 days. I hope it doesn't take that long, I want broadband speeds now. Not dialup BB+ speeds for another week,

This has been actioned for you and happened immediately. If you can let me know where you were told 5-7 days I can make sure the messaging is updated.

To take advantage of your new account, simply reconnect.
Liam
Grafter

...member of BTplus comms...

Enough of that if you don't mind. We work for PlusNet.
N/A

If you can let me know where you were told 5-7 days I can make sure the messaging is updated.

It actually says that during the "upgrade account" process via the portal which is the way I did mine,and I sent "elvin" a PM asking if it did take that long....but it was done before I recieved his reply.Whether it is there just in case there is a problem I don't know.
Liam
Grafter

Many thanks... I've made a note to review the process and speak to Content as necessary on Monday. Don't want to go confusing anyone! The 5-7 days quoted refers to regrades where speed is concerned (i.e. if a regrade order is being placed with BT). Looks like that needs clarifying.

Upgrades do take place immediately, and downgrades from your next billing date.
N/A

We work for PlusNet.

That's as well as maybe, but PlusNet is owned by BT Global.

Check your pension plan... Wink