cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contacting plusnet

N/A

contacting plusnet

could anyone please tell me if it is still possible to phone plusnet,and speak to a human,i have spent a fortune calling them,but all i get is an answer phone,or an unanaswered phone(the 50p a minute one).
i have been with plusnet for about 6 months now,and have had a lot of connection problems,but normally get my connection back within a day or so,this time,i have had no proper connection for a week,the connection is dropped every few minutes(i've just been cut off again,so i have to unplug my router for 5-10 minutes,so i can get a few more minutes online,to finish typing this!),i have wasted £60 on a new router,thinking this might be the problem,but it wasnt,so i would just like to talk to someone at plusnet,so i can get my mac code and go elsewhere,but it would be nice to have a working connection till i can migrate!
i have left messages,that might,possibly be answered one day,if i'm lucky?
thanks andy
15 REPLIES
N/A

contacting plusnet

Unfortunatly PN seem to be having some major issues what with that and sending there entire support staff on holiday/home.

good luck buddy, i been waiting 5 weeks now to get a problem sorted and all i got so far is.......

"We will get back to you"

Cry

Daz Out.
N/A

contacting plusnet

thanks cambar,(just been cut off again!) everyone else i know,that was with plusnet,has already left because of connection and customer support problems,i just wish i'd gone at the same time!
looking at the problems people are having with plusnet,it is starting to look very much like a dying company,i left tiscali,because of the total incompetence and contempt they seem to have for customers,but it seems a case of out the frying pan and into the fire,its a real shame because plusnet used to be one of the best isp's,good connection speeds,reliable service etc.
but now?
andy
newinvention
Grafter

contacting plusnet

Andy, sorry to hear of your connection and communication problems with Plusnet. I know just how frustrating it is to fail to make contact with this company - it makes your eyes water. Best thing you can do is post a ticket on what used to the contact us section of the portal and wait a few days for a reply. Make your query as clear as possible with bullet points so they can't fob you off with a part answer. And keep checking back. It's a very sorry state of affairs. You cannot contact this company any other way.

Wish you luck.
lingbob
Grafter

Re: contacting plusnet

i have wasted £60 on a new router,thinking this might be the problem,but it wasnt,so i would just like to talk to someone at plusnet,so i can get my mac code and go elsewhere,

I stand correcting on this but I don't think it's possible to get a MAC key other than going through the online Help Assistant. If you can manage to stay online long enough, follow this route through the Help Assistant:

Customer Services & Billing -> Account Management -> Move to Another Broadband Provider (ISP)
N/A

contacting plusnet

thank you new invention,this could not have come at a worse time,i take photographs for a nature organization and am planning to start a business with a friend,so for me an internet connection is essential,so till i can migrate,i cant do anything,its at times like this you realise how dependent,you can become on the internet!
andy (cut off again,but i managed to get 4 minutes this time!)
N/A

Hmm

Can you post your connection linestats for us, we may able to help figiure out why your cannot keep connected.

EG.

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 5824 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 40 db 12 db
Noise Margin 12 db 24 db
N/A

contacting plusnet

thanks bitzbox,i was looking for that,they want to know who you are going to,and a date,so i have to have to try and find another provider as quick as i can,it will be fun with this connection as i normally do a search on google with the name of the isp and the word complaints,and see what comes up,the best i have found for unhappy customers is tiscali,there are pages and pages of hits for them,talk talk come a close second!
but as i am on a monthly contract,i will be stuck like this for at least a month,as they require 30 days notice,and i'm not holding my breath waiting for plusnet to sort the problems out!(cut off again!)
andy
N/A

uuuahh

If its syncing problems you have , it will not matter what ISP you move to.

Like I said what are your line stats ?
Laugh
Grafter

contacting plusnet

Best thing you can do is post a ticket ....................... You cannot contact this company any other way

But the whole point of the telephone number (according to PlusNet) is for people who cannot get a connection. The update from the Customer Service Director says that things are now returning to normal. Is this level of service what he considers normal?

At the moment I do not have any problems with PlusNet. Sometimes I can't connect for a few hours at a time, or the Mail Server is down, but I'm basically alright. But I am seriously concerned about what would happen if I did have a problem. It's happened in the past. I've rung them. Waited a few minutes (3 or 4 minutes that is). Chatted to a fantastic Customer Support geezer who helped me out and got be back on-line. The good old days (feel the nostalgia).

A few weeks ago I was considering moving my Land Phone to PlusNet, but now I am considering leaving PlusNet altogether. Why? Because they have lost my trust. That isn't a simple thing to get back. A terrible shame really.
N/A

contacting plusnet

sorry for the delay in replying astyler,but when the connection gets too bad i have to unplug the router for a few hours,i looked in my routers system log,and i'm being disconnected every 2 seconds,its extremely difficult to read as it jumps every 2 seconds as i'm assigned a new ip address,in tcp status,the out of order packets,connections accepted,established and closed is like watching a digital clock,also going up every 2 seconds,i'm not to sure where to find the information you wanted,running ifconfig gives me different information(i'm using linux by the way),i never had any connection problems till i came to plusnet,the last time i spoke to them,they kept refusing my user name and password,that happened a lot.
thanks andy
N/A

no probs

nah you should be able to get the stats from your router.

they normally show

speed
attenuation
Signal/noise margin

and maybe some other bits, what router do you have ?
N/A

contacting plusnet

i found it,i have
snr margin 30.2-36.4(downstream) 12.0(upstream)
line attenuation 25.6(downstream) 16.0(upstream)
errored seconds 0(downstream 3(upstream)
loss of signal 0 (up and down)
loss of frame 0(up and down)
crc errors 0(downstream) 3(upstream)
data rate 2272(downstream) 288(upstream)
latency fast(downstream) fast(upstream)
hopefully this is the right info?
andy
N/A

contacting plusnet

sorry forgot to add its a mentor,which is a connexant clone.
andy
N/A

ok

log onto router in the top left pane you should see status.

goto ADSL status and in the right hand pane it should display some stats.

http://www.dslzoneuk.net/images/reviews/webinterface4.gif
paste those to here.