cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contacting force9

N/A

contacting force9

How on earth do you make contact with anyone at force9. Their telephone system is abouth the worst of the worst. After you get past all of the infuriating recorded messages and the 'gotchas' which get you to press a buttin and then cut you off you then have to wait forever to get an answer. I have failed to find how to e-mail them, although they will point out how stupid I am for not knowing where to go. My main problem now is where to move to that may be any better!! Has anyone any suggestions ( I do not expect any response to my problems from force9) ?
16 REPLIES
N/A

contacting force9

Hi there,

F9 do not operate an email support service and never have as far as I know.

If you want to contact them, without the frustration of a long and unproductive phone call, you can use the support ticket system here http://portal.f9.net.uk/wizard/index.html
N/A

contacting force9

Please tell me where on that linked page I can raise a ticket . I must be really thick because I can't find it.
N/A

Contacting force9

Nor can I
N/A

contacting force9

I've just gone to that link and must say if anyone can't find it then they must be blind or have impaired eyesite Smiley

when the page loads you are greeted with the help assistant, my questions, service status and help pages on a tabbed style sheet

the help assistant is the page that shows, and advises you off any open tickets you have, to the right of that (looking at the screen), there is a big heading titled 'whats your question about', underneath that you have the sub headings all listed in large font, click on the relevant one and then follow the prompts you will then be given the option of filling in a ticket manually

regards
mike
N/A

contacting force9

I quite agree it is so easy to find.
N/A

contacting force9

It seems to me that confusion can arise as many of the routes you can take in the 'What's your question' lead only to web-pages with help information - and do not offer the possibility of raising a ticket. There is also a lack of synch with documentation or automated messages from F9 that tell you to 'raise a ticket' or in other ways refer to the old way of doing things.
N/A

contacting force9

No to me it is quite striaght forward, you go to the assistant, go through all the options then go and ask your own question.
JonathanW
Grafter

contacting force9

The help assistant is intended to assist you in resolving you problem by presenting relevant information to you that should guide you towards a fix without the need to contact support. Though if the help there doesn't fully resolve it, then you can still come through to support for further assistance.
N/A

contacting force9

maybe I'm being particularly dim today...

while the help guide does lead you to help pages, if the help pages don't help with your problem, and you still wish to raise a ticket, TO ME AT LEAST, it is not always obvious where you can 'Ask a Question', and many routes do not offer that option.

TO ME - it would seem that always offering the option of asking a question - would be more straightforward.

Yesterday I had a query about Domain Renewal and billing, but couldn't find a route to ask a question about this, and ended up asking a question in the section 'I have been billied wrongly' or something. (it hasn't been answered yet!)

I spent quite a while working through the help assistant trying to find an appropriate way to get help, and found it confusing.

so for me at least - if not for the smarter people who have replied to this thread and found it obvious - IT WAS CONFUSING - please enlighten me if you can!

The actual mechanism when you get to Ask a Question is great.

I for one am looking forward to staying with F9 and appreciating their good service when everything returns to normal aftyer these email woes.

cheers
N/A

contacting force9

OK -

I am being dim

if you open a help page - and then shut it - you see in the window underneath...

1) did you find this helpful
2) go back

or...

3) ASK A QUESTION !

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh !

so there we are
JonathanW
Grafter

contacting force9

We are constantly working to improve the information in the help assistant, and I've passed your feedback through to the person responsible for coordinating the changes that are being made.

Edit: Ah, I see that you've found the raise a question option. I just had a run through the assistant myself and found it relatively swiftly, though took me a little time at first due to firefox's popup blocker killing the popup faster than I could allow it.
quelquod
Rising Star

contacting force9

I've been through the same process as you malltraeth and I was pulling my hair out trying to find the place to 'ask a question'. The reason was that every time I got to somewhere irrelevant I backed up so I never saw the 'ask a question' box at all. Once I'd found it of course it was simple.

I think that there is a little problem for first-timers, at least there was for me. Once you know how it's easy.
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
N/A

contacting force9

Same experience as others who had difficulty. I think it could be easier - don't use a pop up that ironically remains underneath a main window.

I can see the system is designed to force customers to view the help pages first....not sure how effective that is......
N/A

contacting force9

The help assistant is intended to assist you in resolving you problem by presenting relevant information to you that should guide you towards a fix without the need to contact support. Though if the help there doesn't fully resolve it, then you can still come through to support for further assistance.

okay you say can talk to a human-so which options do you press?