cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contacting PN's legal team

winnipeg1823
Grafter

Because none of the CS reps are legally trained, my solicitor wishes to speak with someone qualified legally to discuss certain contactrual matters regarding plusnet and myself.
I have asked several times for a contact name and address for my solicitor to write to. All plusnet will give is "contact our legal team". because he wouldnt know who he is writing to my solicitor refuses (quite correctly) to address personal and confidential correspondence to "the legal team".
Anyone had any dealings with "the legal team" and can furnish any names
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I would suggest that you use the name given in the procedure for making an official complaint which is “Customer Services Director”, or the "Company Secretary", or the CEO who is Lee Strafford.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

it's also probable that plusnet don't have a live in legal bod but simply a law firm who they would forward details to so they may not have a specific name to give
N/A

simple - just mark it as FAO The Legal Team at their registered office address and send by recorded.
Community Veteran

Re: contacting PN's legal team

because he wouldnt know who he is writing to my solicitor refuses (quite correctly) to address personal and confidential correspondence to "the legal team".

;-)
craigbrass
Grafter

Yea, you want :-
FAO Legal Team,
PlusNet PLC,
Technology Building,
Terry Street,
Sheffield,
S9 2BU
Community Veteran

What do you need to discuss? Obviously your solicitor is paid by the hour. :shock: Get him to read the terms and conditions and then if you intend to take action he would simply write to them at thier registered business address :?
Saturn
Grafter

I suggest you PM one of the CS guys to give you a name. I doubt you'll get the answer you want here.
N/A

...my solicitor wishes to speak with someone qualified legally to discuss certain contactrual matters regarding plusnet and myself.
I have asked several times for a contact name and address for my solicitor to write to.

Eh, are you going to bill your solicitor? Sounds like you're doing all the work. If he can't get an address I'd not trust him to get you anything else.

www.companieshouse.gov.uk will get you what you need. Someone high up will quickly respond to a legal phone call or letter.
N/A

My solicitor charges £160 per hour, sure as not going to pay this rate for finding a postal address. Wink
N/A

My solicitor charges £160 per hour

About time you had a new one Smiley
N/A

pchambers you wanna go and see the Consumer Action Group about all those unfair charges LOL ::lol:

Not even I pay that much ( when I have to pay ) and thats for the best firm round here...What are you hiring a solicitor or a barrister ?? :lol:
N/A

my solicitor refuses (quite correctly) to address personal and confidential correspondence to "the legal team".

Smiley A solicitor who turns down work. Smiley
Smiley A solicitor who doesn't know how to address a letter Smiley

"Switch to TV courtroom mode"
Come off it winnipeg1823, your having us on and not very skillfully either.
You've played your cards and your bluff has been called.
I put it to you that, it's just you who wants the name of said legal bod to write to
How say you winnipeg1823 ?
winnipeg1823
Grafter

paulwade,I do happen to know what I am talking about, having spent over 30 years in the legal profession, which I doubt you have, if you had, you would know that solicitors (proper ones, not ones who advertise in shopping centres) would not write to something as annon as "the legal team".
Any solicitor who would write to such an address is not worth employing.
Also for your info it costs me nothing, nobody has called my bluff, as I have a reason for asking the question, and seeing what other peoples experience of asking similar question are.
Hope that answers your not very skillfully put points
Alecto
Grafter

I would suggest that you use the name given in the procedure for making an official complaint which is “Customer Services Director”, or the "Company Secretary", or the CEO who is Lee Strafford.

Can't see what's wrong with writing to the CEO or Company Secretary.
After all, I doubt if Pn has full-time solicitors working on their case, and even if they did, they'd refer potential litigation to the CEO.