cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

constant disconnections - yet another dissatisfied customer

specialk

Reading the forums this morning I thought I would voice my concern over my constantly disconnecting BB connection.

I was upgraded to MaxDSL in May(at least I think I was as I received no communication to this effect although I did signup for it) and for 2-3 weeks suffered repeated disconnections. As time went by my line did become more stable but I am still experiencing 1-2 disconnections a night around 2100-2200. I have no idea whether I have been migrated to the Tiscali LLU or if interleaving is on/off on my line. I suspect BT set it to auto although I have evidence to suggest this.

My hardware configuration has not altered one bit and I have an internal PCI modem which maybe doesnt protect me from an unstable line as much as a decent router. I personally know at least one other person who has a router and his line can sometimes 'survive' his line dropping.

Forgot to add that everytime my line drops it goes into 'training' mode for 1-5 mins and then I can reconnect although my first attempt is always unsuccessful.

I have halfheartedly started PN's online ticket raising procedure but suspect it will be a pretty pointless exercise.

Im just venting I guess but I hope this is all sorted soon.

Yours

Matthew
4 REPLIES
specialk

Im not aware of any rules preventing the bumpage of ones own posts(probably because I havent read them) so here I go.

The reason I posted this in the first place is because I find the automated process time consuming, inflexible, impersonal and downright useless.

My questions are:

1. Why is my BB line disconnecting 1-2 times every single night between 8-10pm? I was upgraded to 8meg in May and have been experiencing some form of line instability ever since.
2. Have I been switched to the Tiscali LLU?
3. I have a reasonably old PCI Modem which worked perfectly well prior to me being switched to MaxDSL, are there any changes to its configuration I should be aware of.

Thatll do for now.
Community Veteran

Im not aware of any rules preventing the bumpage of ones own posts(probably because I havent read them) so here I go.

I suggest you take a look at them. Link Link:rules Smiley
N/A

From what I can gather, it sounds like you're dropping sync with your exchange. Can you post your line stats? (sync speeds, attenuation/loop loss, SNR, that kinda thing)

Didn't know they still made PCI ADSL modems :shock:
James
Grafter

Re: constant disconnections - yet another dissatisfied custo

Reading the forums this morning I thought I would voice my concern over my constantly disconnecting BB connection.

I was upgraded to MaxDSL in May(at least I think I was as I received no communication to this effect although I did signup for it) and for 2-3 weeks suffered repeated disconnections. As time went by my line did become more stable but I am still experiencing 1-2 disconnections a night around 2100-2200. I have no idea whether I have been migrated to the Tiscali LLU or if interleaving is on/off on my line. I suspect BT set it to auto although I have evidence to suggest this.
Hi there,

I've run some checks on your line, but unfortunately it's not really telling me anything interesting as you're not currently powered up, so I can't get your line stats or equally extremely exciting information.

If it's only happening a couple times a night, it's probably caused by increased noise on the line commonly caused by:

- Street lights going on
- Christmas Tree lights
- Central heating

And so on. Try connecting your modem directly into your master socket and change your filter as this may help. Lt us know how you get on.