cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection

N/A

connection

i have only just connected to plus net but am already having problems. i cant connect to the internet using it. i keep getting 'error 691', does anyone know how to fix this as i cant even get the people in charge to answer me.
thanks for any help
10 REPLIES
N/A

RE: connection

> i have only just connected to plus net but am already having problems. i cant connect to the internet using it. i keep getting 'error 691', does anyone know how to fix this as i cant even get the people in charge to answer me.
> thanks for any help

I'm getting Eroor :678 , been like that for 2 days

I was wrong + Net you are right so i appologise - i thought i masy aswell use my account until the 8th of december as i am paying for it anyway - but i can't even get on now..

What's going on?

N/A

Hi there,

First of all, Jenifier, I think that I have found your problem. The CLI in your account details was not set correctly but I have now appended this and you should be able to connect shortly.

Peter, I cannot see any requests to our servers from you today so there is definately a problem. Please raise the problem through Contact Us and we will investigate for you. It is also worth trying on the 0845 number (0845 1400101) as this will tell you whether it is a problem on the 0808 number specifically or something on your machine.

Regards

Josh
--
| Josh Berry.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.............@http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

Hi Josh,

My pc is fine - i use another NTL dialup too.

I'll keep trying but i'm still geting 678's

Peter
N/A

Josh my appologies.

You'll see from the server logs i connected a few mintues ago for around 10 seconds.

The problem.

The configuration file set my PC to use the v120 Modem for that connection ( hence the 678 errors) i've changed it to my Eicon 2.01 Diva ISDN TA and sorted.

In future when i use auto config i'll make a note to double check this.

Best Wishes

Peter
N/A

Hi Peter,

I am happy to hear that you have resolved this issue now. Please let us know if we can help you any further.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> Hi Peter,
>
> I am happy to hear that you have resolved this issue now. Please let us know if we can help you any further.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave

You could let me go a month early instead of keeping me subscribed to a service i don't want - apart from that i'm happy with everything.

But as that won't happen i guess the answer you'll want is.

" Nothing thanks Dave - everything's brill!"

There you go -
N/A

Hello again Peter,

I am glad to hear that you are happy with the service we provide. As always, just let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Regards,

Dave

--
N/A

now im getting error 645 instead, whats this mean? HELP

N/A

Hello again Jennifer,

I have checked our RADIUS servers and can see that your last three attempts to logon were refused as the wrong password is being used. Please check your settings and let us know if your problem continues.

Regards,

Dave

--
mickm
Grafter

This seems to be an ongoing problem. I was upgraded to HomeHighway on Friday and have been logging connection attempts since then. Here is a sample:

Fri 26th, 2:53pm repeated attempts for 5 mins to connect
Fri 26th,7:05pm, 5 minutes
Fri 26th, 7:11pm, 5 minutes
Fri 26th, 8:17pm 10 minutes
Today, 2:27pm 10 minutes.

These are all from my WindowsXP system. If I get really desperate I go to my wife's Win98 system and always seem to connect first time.

Are other people who have the problem also using XP?

The fact that it has carried over from my analogue line to HH shows that it isn't a modem/line problem.
--
Mick