cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection speed

N/A

connection speed

Hello, ever since getting maxdsl I have only ever been able to get about 3mb speed, yet my next door neighbour can get over 5mb, I asked bt and they said it was something to do with my line, and as I wasn't using BT as a provider there was nothing they were prepared to do to help.
Now that BT own plusnet do you think they may help me ?Huh
3 REPLIES
Zathras
Grafter

connection speed

BT dont own PN its BT retail. BT Wholesale deal with BB.
Sadly you cant compare one house to another unless you have identical setups, wiring , routes to the exchange etc.
Mand
Grafter

connection speed

Hi there,

Have you run a BT Speedtest? This will give the IP profile for your line (which is the maximum you will get in throughput) and will give the actual connection speed of your hardware.

If you can also obtain your modem/router stats we may be able to offer further advice. If you're not sure how to do this let us know the make and model and I'm sure one of us will be able to help you out. Smiley
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

connection speed

Hi there,

It looks as though one of my colleagues investigated this for you. Checking the results of a line test the 3Mb speed you are getting is in line with the speed your modem/router is syncing at. Therefore the only way to try to improve this is to ensure that your internal wiring is set up correctly and you are using the master socket with no extension leads.

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/13
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team